45 | the one i love.

~ charlottes pov

i know i'm close now. theres only 2 more to go.
the windows are tinted, but i can vividly see outside.

the concert venue.
i grin, this is where me and j came for the lil yachty concert , the tickets i bought him for his birthday. i get outside the car , and close the door behind me, thanking the driver.

i know exactly where to go.
i walk inside the main part of the venue, and down the stairs.
there's a door leading off to the left.
me and jacob snuck off at the end of the concert, we both had fun and wanted some time alone.

we made out for a while, and jacob told me he cared about me a lot.
it was a good milestone in our relationship. it meant a lot to both me and him.
as i reached the end of the hall i realised i was correct.

note 4. you found me.
i never doubted you.
the last note is in a place you'll know, just down the road.
a place we said a sad goodbye, and today, will say a hello once again.

i sigh, remembering the goodbye once more. i cant wait to see him.
the airport is only a 5 minute walk away, that must be where the next note is.

i looked outside and noticed the rain had stopped.
is he controlling the weather ?

time to go get note 5.

——-

as i stepped inside the airport, i thought about where the note could be. this airport is huge.
he said i would know..

i walk to the bottom of the escalators that jacob went up as i waved a last goodbye,

and as i do, a beautiful masculine figure appears.

i scream and run as fast as i can.
"JACOB." i shout and jump into his arms.
he picks me up and spins me around, it feels amazing.

"you wore the dress." is the first thing he says.
"of course i wore the dress" i laugh as he places me down.
"you look incredible. i missed you." he tells me and i stand on my tip toes, leaning in to kiss him.

"i have a question for you." he says as he pulls out of the kiss.

"yeah? what is it?" i ask excitedly and he cheeses like a kid.
i watch as he gets down onto one knee.
i gasp and cover my mouth with my hands.

"j-j-jacob what are you doing?" i ask and he looks up at my eyes.

"you might not have realised it, but you absolutely changed every inch of my life. you made me a better person, i'm so in love with you and i can't think of anyone i'd ever rather be with. this while without you, it made me realise how much i love you."

i feel my eyes fill up with tears, wow. jacobs made me soft.

"i love you-" i manage to get out, but i'm almost speechless.
i watch as he takes a note out of his pocket.
"note number 5." i say and he nods.
"open it."

this notes different to the others, it's inside a light pink envelope, with a ribbon on the back.
i open it up.. and out falls a ring.
i can hardly speak, but i manage to read out the note. "you've found note 5..." i begin to cry like the emotional wreck i now have become. "charlotte rose, will you be my wife?"

"well?" jacob asks and i nod my head.
"jacob.. yes! yes! yes! yes!"

i look around, and see there's already many people staring at us.
"you proposed in an airport" i laugh as he steps up and places the ring on my finger.

all of a sudden, my whole family appears as if it was magic- along with jacobs, and lastly followed by alissa and joey.
"congratulations!" they shout, and alissa pops a confetti popper.

the confetti falls over me and jacob, as he holds me tight bringing me into a kiss.
"wow , i adore you." i smile at him and he kisses the end of my nose gently.

"i love you too. fiancé" i blush, wow i'm engaged.
"soon to be wife." he finishes.

"oh and.. look behind you." jacob says, and i turn around quickly.
there's some of the airport staff moving an extremely large sign towards us. it's as big as me- if not bigger, and surrounded in fairy lights- they flash on a pretty pink color.

"we're going to the city of love."

i gasp. "paris?!"
jacob does that 'cute smirk' that i love so much.
"paris." jacob confirms. "if you'll come with me?"

of course i will. CHARLOTTE YOU ARE GOING TO PARIS. i'm-

i jump up and down with excitement.
"i'm going to paris." i shout, and our whole family and friends run in, squashing me and jacob in a tight hug.

christmas in paris.
it's perfect.

"wait.. wait, my clothes." i exclaim, slightly worried that i'm ruining the moment.
i mean, come on.. you can't go to paris with no clothes. it's a beautiful city- i gotta look good for the instagram selfies , right ? it's the 21st century.

"i packed for you like an hour ago." alissa laughs and hands me a suitcase and a backpack.
i hug her once more. "i love you." i say and she squeezes me even tighter.

"now.. off you two go!! its time for paris!" she squeals and pushes me towards jacob, but i can tell she's getting emotional.

i now realise that me and jacob CAN do the long distance thing, of course we can. i felt uncertain, but after this i know for sure what we have is forever.

and this is because i know..

that soon he'll be home.
home.. to me.
his "soon to be" wife.

i laugh as i look at the beautiful diamond ring.
i have everything i could ever want. an amazing family, a beautiful fiancé , some amazing in-laws , and the best friends in the world.

hey- i guess all that's missing is a mini charlotte..
or maybe even..

a mini mr. sartorius.

——-

wow guys. that's it.
that's the ending.
the books over.

thank you so much to each and every one of you who took the time to read this.
i cant thank you enough.
this story has been everything to me.

writing is a passion of mine, one i wish to keep with me for life.
i'd love to one day veryyyyy soon publish a book.

i hope everyone is okay with the ending- since it's something that i put a lot to thought into.

you guys mean the world to me, and i promise you all, this isn't the end of me!

but sadly.. this is the ending of this book.

if you wanna read more of my books, please follow me as it helps me out soooo much! and remember to vote for each chapter of this story if you haven't already!
i promise you.. i have big things coming VERY soon.

forever & always,
thelightscoming (R) x