35 | gowns and caps

~ charlottes pov

it's been over a month since the incident with mollie. times past fast, and jacob finally agreed to stop tutoring her, focusing on me and him.

today is my graduation. im so nervous, but i have so many people around supporting me.

"can you believe we're graduating?" joey asks me as he walks up beside me at the window.
i turn my attention away from the sun and towards his face.

"it's been crazy growing up here." i laugh slightly to myself, thinking of the times we had together as kids.
alissa stands up and walks towards us.

"smile you two!! picture time!" she says and me and joey laugh, before making stupid faces and giggling away together. alissa takes the picture.

"surprise!" jacob laughs, walking in my bedroom with roses and a box of chocolates.
"oh my god.." i cover my mouth with my hands.
"what's this for??" i ask.

"youre graduating, you deserve it." he smiles, and walks up to me, handing me the gifts.
"thank you." i say as he gives me a hug, and then leans in for a kiss.

i kiss his lips gently, and notice a flash as alissa snaps a photo of us two.
"alissa!!" i say, taking the photo out her hand as it prints off.

jacob takes it out my hand and smiles. "i think it's cute." he says, and i roll my eyes, then look down at the roses.
"there's 14 of them. because you're graduating on the 14th of may." jacob tells me.

"you're so cringey." i say, although i secretly think it's cute.

"now.. let's get our graduation gowns on?!" alissa says, and we both run together into the bathroom, leaving joey with jacob.
i'm glad they can be friends now without it being awkward. that's all i've ever wanted.

——-

"Charlotte Rose" the teacher calls and i run up onto the stage, with my whole family watching and everyone clapping.

"thank you." i smile, and walk to the side of the stage to get Joey and alissa.
"all the time we've waited for.. that." alissa says and i laugh.

"we've got the after party" joey says, and i nod my head. he doesn't seem enthusiastic about it.

"what's wrong ?" i say, and joeys eyes widen as he realises ive noticed something is up.
"uh.. nothing." joey says, and alissa hits his arm.

they're both acting strange.

"oh my baby!" my mom says, as she runs up and hugs me.
"you did amazing." my dad smiles, and i smile right back at him.
"yeah you did." jacob says, walking up behind me. "can we talk?" he asks, and my parents gesture their hand for us to go ahead.

"just a second mom." i call, as me and jacob walk away from everyone else.
"you look so good." jacob says, and leans down to kiss me.
i smile into the kiss as our lips connect.

"my mom and dad might see." i say pulling away after a couple seconds.
"why don't you tell them? i'm not your tutor anymore, we're always together, they must suspect something." he says, and i sigh, knowing he's right.

"later." i reply blandly, and he sighs quietly.
"are you coming to the after party? it's at the massive hall inside the school- i love it in the-"

"no. and neither are you." jacob says and my facial expression automatically changes.

"what- yes i am? of course i am-" i try to argue, but jacob picks me up bridal style and walks carrying me around to the back of the school.
i squirm in his arms trying to get out, but he's holding me too tight.

he places me down and covers my eyes, making me very confused.
"count to 10 and open your eyes" he tells me as he takes his hand away and i nod my head.

"3.. 2.. 1" i say, and open my eyes.
ahead of me is a massive limo, with jacob at the door, holding a sign.
"come with me for an adventure" i read out loud, and nod my head multiple times.

"let's go!!" i say excited.
"yeah.. let's go." alissa smiles, and her and joey come out from behind us.

"what? you two are coming??" i say excited, and they both nod.
"we are.. and there's something we need to tell you." joey speaks. "me and alissa decided to.."
"try dating." alissa finishes and i smile widely.

"i knew there was something going on!" i laugh, and hug them both.
"i support you both no matter what." i tell them as we pull out of the hug. "but for now.. let's get inside the limo!!" i say excited, and jump into the large car.

——-

"so.. where are we going?" i ask jacob and he sighs.
"for the 10th time, it's a surprise." he replies.

the windows are black, so no one can see in or out. me and jacob sit in the back, with alyssa and joey just slightly in front.
"i have no idea where we're going either." alissa says to me, "they planned it all."

"it better be good." i say to jacob, and he laughs. "i wouldn't let you look this good for it to be shit." he says "but then again you always look good." he smirks cockily and i roll my eyes.

"you think your compliments are gonna get you everything." i say, and he winks at me.
"it got me everything with you." he says and i slap his arm.
"if you're talking about anything dirty i hope you know you'll get another slap."
"i wasn't, but i guess now you mention it-"

i laugh and hit his arm once more, causing him to laugh with me.

"we've arrived." the driver says, and i feel the butterflies in my stomach as the driver gets out the limo and opens the door for me and jacob.

——-

a cliffhanger.. i apologise!
thank you guys for still being here after i had taken a break for a while.

this story is very soon coming to an ending sadly- but for now i hope you all are enjoying it!