44 | surprise, im back

~ charlottes pov

christmas is in a week, meaning jacobs due home tomorrow.

our relationship has stayed strong , the worst
things about it is our sexual frustration, and my loneliness as alissa and joey are still a couple. i obviously don't want to third wheel every day.

i've had some time to think and plan my future, and ive finally chosen a career choice and a college i wanna enrol in. after searching for what felt like forever, i chose child care. i guess i just realised that i care about kids a lot and want to work in some sort of kindergarten. i start at the college nearby in around 2 months.

time for sleep.

——-

i woke up to the sound of the doorbell.
who's at the door at.. i check my phone. 6am.

i got up and quickly put my hair into a bun while walking down the stairs.
"mom?" i shouted, but as usual, no one was awake.

i walked into the kitchen and took the door key out of the drawer before heading towards the locked door.
i opened it and rubbed my eyes as there was no one there.

"did i just imagine the door bell?" i questioned.
"oh god i'm going insane" i laughed "now i'm talking to myself." i began to close the door.

"wait.."
as i looked down i saw a pretty box with my name on it.
"charlotte rose" i read and smiled as i realised it was jacobs handwriting.

"wear this for me today, meet me at my house at 9am."
i smiled to myself as i opened the box. he's gotten home early.

i untied the ribbon, and opened the package.
inside was a beautiful lacey red dress , jacob always told me i should wear red more.

i held it up against my body and ran up the stairs. what makeup look do i do? where is he taking me? oh i love surprises. but i'm terrible at figuring them out.

——-

i decided to match the dress with a pretty black bomber jacket and some black vans.
i put my hair into a messy bun and wore my usual makeup, plus some red lipstick.

"you look amazing." my dad smiled as he walked into my room.
"daddy." i walked up to him and gave him a tight squeeze.

"what's jacob got planned then?" he asked and i laughed.
"how did you know i'm meeting jacob?"

"oh uh.."
"it's 9am. he's one of the only people i know you'd wake up this early for."

i smiled at my dad and step back to look at myself in the mirror once more. i look pretty.

"i need to leave- it's 8:50" i told my dad and he gave me another hug.
"i love you." he said.
"i love you too."

——

i walked to jacobs house, but as i was at the end of the street the rain began to come down.

i ran as fast as i could knocking hard on the door. i watched through the glass, but no one was there.
i pressed down on the door handle, and it was opened.

"jacob you are DEAD!" i screamed , taking off my shoes.
no one replied, but i noticed a note on the stairs.

jacob and his notes. i roll my eyes.
hey, so if you're reading this i'm guessing youre charlotte.
i laughed to myself.
you're one step closer to finding me. there is 5 notes and i've placed them in places that mean a lot to me, to us. this is note 1.
that is so sweet. what. oh my god jacob.

what do you have planned.

the next note is in the place where we had our first special moment together.

the first time we slept together.
the notes in jacobs bed.

i run upstairs and into j's room.
a note.

that one was easy. note 2. there's 3 more to go.
the next clues in the place you first had a meal with my family. that day- it meant a lot to me.
i'm glad my family loved you.

i feel my cheeks blush. the effect he has over me is crazy.
i walk back down the stairs, jacob has me on a wild goose chase here.
"the kitchen." i say to myself and walk inside.

the third note. i guess i'd be disappointed if you didn't find any of these so far.
i want you to know how much you mean to me. i love you.
it's time to find the next one- come on, it isn't far away. there should be a cab waiting outside for you , get inside, and let the driver take you where i want you to go.

i look out the window, and he was right.
there's a cab.
i shake my head and laugh, he's the cutest.

i step inside the car, and the driver smiles to me.
"ready?" he asks me and i nod.