31 | christmas success

~ charlottes pov

"it's christmas!" my mom shouts as she walks into my room. i smile at her.
"merry christmas" i sit up in my bed.
"come on.. let's go see what you got!" she says as she grabs my hand, pulling at me.

i stand up out of bed and put on some fluffy socks, before walking down the stairs.
"it's strange without dad here." i say as i reach the bottom step, stopping in my path.

"he's sad he had to leave, especially last minute for work baby, it's okay." she says and i nod my head, although part of me doesn't understand why he couldn't just have said no to his boss.

i step into the living room and smile as i see alissa and joey already here. "hey guys" i walk up to them and give them both a hug.
"merry christmas!" joey says as he hugs onto me.

we all sit down and they watch as i open up my presents gifted to me by my parents.
"a new phone!" i scream out!

the morning seemed to go past very quickly- before i knew it, i was back in my room deciding what to wear. 
my mom is making a christmas dinner for 5pm, giving me 2 hours to meet jacobs parents.

alissa hands me a red dress. "try this." she smiles and i nod my head.
"this looks so expensive!" i gasp, as i put it on over my head.
joey sits on my bed, not really paying attention to me getting dressed.

i turn around and alissa zips up the back of my new dress. "woah" she says as i walk towards the mirror.

i even feel surprised as i see myself. i hardly ever wear red.
joey looks up for the first time in a while and he smiles at me. "wow." he says, and i smirk at him.

"hair curler time!" alissa laughs as he pulls out a curler from under my dresser.
i laugh and sit down in the stool, ready to be dolled up by my best friend.

——-

"nervous?" joey asks as i get ready to step out his car and into jacobs house.
"kinda" i shrug my shoulders. that was an under exaggeration. i'm SHITTING myself.

"you look amazing- jacob will love it." he laughs and i nod my head at him.
"what about his parents?" i ask.
"my mom loves you. i'm sure jacobs will too." joey tells me and i lean over to him to give him a hug.

i then step out of the car, and close the door behind me, waving goodbye to joey before walking towards jacobs door.

i go to knock on the door, and before i get the chance too the door opens.
"welcome." a medium height- brunette haired woman smiles at me.
"hi!" i reply, sounding more excited than i really am.

"come inside." she smiles and i nod my head.
"charlotte!" jacob smiles as he walks towards me, i give him a kiss on the cheek after i take off my jacket.

"hi." a girl smiles and i squint my eyes. she looks slightly older than jacob.
"caroline" she says and holds out her hand and i shake it.
"you have a sister?" i mouth to jacob and she shrugs his shoulders.

"never really came up in conversation" he replies.
feeling slightly annoyed at how much jacob kept from me i roll my eyes, before sitting down on the couch beside him.

"so.. what do you do charlotte?" jacobs mom asks me.
"i'm actually just about to graduate school." i tell her, and i realise it's the first time i've ever really said that out loud.
"17?" jacobs dad questions , he hasn't spoke to me yet.

"18 in february." i nod my head and he gives me a small smile.

"so.. how about some food?" jacob says and walks into the kitchen, gesturing his eyes for me to follow.

i walk in behind him, smiling at jacobs family as i leave.

jacob gives me a huge smile as i walk in. "wow" he says and smirks.
"what?" i question.
"you look hot" he says, and takes a step closer to me.

he leans down and places a kiss on my lips, i smile as we pull our lips away.
"you look pretty good yourself" i laugh, and look at his muscles through his outfit.

he's wearing some black jeans with a white shirt. he smirks once more- the cheeky look on his face.
"you know what i'd love to do right now?" jacob says and puts his arm around my body.

he bites his lip lightly, sending shivers down my spine.
"what?" i ask, acting as clueless as i can.
he puts his head to my ear and whispers "take you right upstairs" he tells me and i giggle like a kid.

"hey jacob can you-"
me and jacob step away from each other quickly.
"oh uh.." jacobs sister stares at us both.
"it's cool.. what was it?" jacob asks awkwardly, i just stare down at my feet.

"can you fill my drink?" she asks, handing him the glass hesitantly.
he nods his head as he walks over to the refrigerator and i take my phone out my pocket, sitting on a chair, still feeling super awkward about what just happened.

——-

the day with jacobs family was pretty good. now i'm back at my house, missing jacob already. we never got to.. yeno.. and i wish we did honestly.

"dinners served!" my mom calls, and me, alissa and her parents walk to the table.
we sit down, and my mom smiles as she hands us all the food.

"to an amazing christmas" i say, as i lift up my small glass of champagne that my mom gave me for christmas.
"cheers" alissas mom calls out and we all clink our glasses together.

——-

after an amazing christmas i finally get the time to take my dress off and put on the fluffy winter pjs.

"what a day" i say to alissa as i throw myself down onto my bed.

alissa had on matching pjs to me.
"yeah." she nods her head, fiddling with her hands.
"what's wrong?" i say, noticing straight away how distracted she is.

"no drugs is just super hard to get used to" she says and shrugs her shoulders. 
i grab her arm and pull her into a huge bear hug on my bed.

"you've done it. rehab changed you and the old you is back. don't even think about those horrible drugs, you're better without them." i tell her and she smiles at me.
"i love you" she says and we lay together on my bed.

although..

part of me wishes it was with jacob.

——-

hi babies.
here's an update :)

a slightly longer one too..
i really miss christmas- it's the best day of the year.

thank you for all the support, update soon x