Chapter 3 - Dead?

Laura's POV

"OMG! I can't believe this! My sister's pregnant Ahhh! I'm gonna be an aunt! Ross, you'll be an uncle and OMG!" I yelled of excitement.

"See, this is why I didn't wanna tell her," Vanessa laughed.

"Oh hush it!" I laughed as well. I pulled Vanessa's hand towards the door, "C'mon! Let's go to the rest of the Lynches and tell them!"

But Vanessa pulled away.

"Laura... The reason we told you and Ross first was that we wanted you two to be the only one to know. The pregnancy isn't confirmed yet. I'll go see a doctor after a week. Once it's confirmed, we tell. Okay?"

I nodded in agreement and forced a smile since part of my excitement was gone, "Okayyy," I shrugged.

Then, Ross spoke up, "Hey, Laur, Nessa, shouldn't you at least tell your parents? I mean, ever since they left for Italy we haven't seen them. And that was in forever."

"I keep trying to send them messages and call but they never reply or answer," Vanessa said.

I tried the same, nothing worked.

"Mail?" Riker asked.

"Didn't work either."

Suddenly, something hit me.

"Vanessa... Where is mom and dad's next flight to?" I asked her.

"Paris, why?"

"When was the last time you talked to them?"

"About a week ago..."

"When was the last time you tried to call them and they didn't answer?"

"Three or four days ago, right after their plane should've landed-"

Once Vanessa realized what I was saying, she freaked.

"LAURA, GET THE COMPUTER AND SEARCH FOR FLIGHT 379 TO PARIS, NOW."

Ross ran upstairs, grabbed the laptop and took it down here.

As fast as I could, I typed in, 'Flight 379 Italy to Paris,' on search.

I read aloud the article.

"The latest flight from Italy to Paris, Flight 379 ended devastatingly. A couple minutes before landed, one engine of the aircraft broke down, causing the airplane to crash into water.
Passengers were given life vests and were ordered to jump out of the plane.
More than one hundred people survived, but fifty-two were sadly lost.
Once the IDs of the passengers were found, the sources identified who died in the crash. The following people are *reads 50 names and then...*
One of the most horrific news however, are the parents of actresses Laura Marano from Austin & Ally and Vanessa Marano from Switched at Birth's parents were in that flight.
As much as there were more than a hundred people who survived, they were sadly among the fifty-two who died.
Since then, we didn't hear from the Marano girls. Perhaps the two sisters were too devastated from the loss of their parents."

Right there, I dropped.

Mom and dad are dead.

Do you know how that feels?

Do you know how that freaking feels?!

Everyone in the room was hurt.

Especially me and Vanessa.

I was crying in Ross' arms.

Vanessa was crying in Riker's.

"Laura... Shh, it'll be okay," Ross told me. And Riker told the same to Vanessa.

But no, it wasn't.

Then, all of a sudden, Vanessa stood up, and walked directly to the kitchen, and reached for the knife.

Riker, Ross and I immediately looked at her.

"Babe... What are you doing?" Riker asked.

"What is my purpose of living if mom and dad aren't here?!" Vanessa snapped.

Riker walked up to her, "Vanessa, put the knife down."

"NO! LEAVE ME ALONE!"

I was scared, I've never seen Vanessa like this. But either way, she had a reason. But I wasn't gonna let her kill herself.

"Vanessa... I am sad too. I feel horrible. But I would never kill myself... I don't want you to either."

"YOU CANT TELL ME WHAT TO DO."

"Vanessa this is bad for you. You're pregnant, you should be relaxed..."

"IF I KILL MYSELF THEN I'LL GO AND SO WILL THE BABY."

"Vanessa put the knife down!" I yelled.

"NO!"

Ross came up and walked to me, trying to carry me away, "Laura... Stay out of this."

"Vanessa I swear, if you kill yourself, I'll kill myself too," Riker said.

She took a deep breath. She's not okay.

Slowly, she started crying, and dropped into Riker's arms.

"I can't do this," she said. "I don't care if they've been gone for most of my teenage life. They raised me. They raised me and my sister. They taught Laura to love music, they taught me to love art. Now they're gone. They're gone, Riker, they're gone!"

Ross cradled me in his arms as I was crying so bad as well.

They can't be dead.

They just can't.