Chapter 28 - Hospital Beds

Short Riaura chapter, oops🙊

Riker's POV

I woke up finding myself in the hospital. Looking around, I saw Laura in another bed across me.

My back hurts like crazy, and my cheek and arm were bandaged.

Laura had no bandages or casts, and she doesn't have an IV injected in the back of her hand like I do. She was just sleeping, as if keeping me company here.

I don't remember what happened that caused us to be stuck in this place. The last thing I remember was finding Kristine.

"Riker? You awake?" Laura had her eyes open.

"Yeah... What's going on?" I asked as I turned my head towards her.

"I-I don't know. I woke up, found myself here," she said, but looked conscious.

"Me too... What do you remember last?"

"What happened last?"

"Yeah."

"We... We found Kristine in a cave," Laura remembered the same thing I do.

"Why aren't you hurt? Why aren't you covered in bandages?" I asked.

She looked around her body. "I really don't know..." She slowly tried to get down from her bed, but when she did, she lost her balance and nearly fell.

"Laura!" I yelled, not being able to stand up and help her.

Laura held the hospital bed railing. "I'm fine, I'm fine," she laughed.

It made me smile that even though she could be in a tough situation, she finds something happy, and keeps others happy.

Still holding onto the railing, she sat on the chair next to my bed and kept playing with her fingers.

"I think you were fighting police guards," Laura said quietly.

"What?"

"You were fighting police guards... We found Kristine in a cave, and then officers came, thinking we kidnapped her. They held my arms behind me, so tight that if hurt so badly. And you-you kept trying to protect me. You tried to let go of their grip, fighting them. But they fought back. And that's when I tried to help you. Considering that they can't hurt a girl as much, I felt an electric shock. The last thing I saw was you trying to get off the guards, and screaming my name. And then I... I heard a gunshot. I thought you were gone," Laura confessed. Her eyes were already dripping tears.

"Laura..." I tried to sit up the best I could and wipe her tears with my thumb. "Why didn't you just tell me all this in the first place?"

"Because I'm the reason you're here... And I was scared that you'd be mad at me."

"That's silly. Laur, I don't care ever if I have to jump into a volcano as long as you're safe. You mean a lot to me and I don't wanna lose you. Okay?"

She smiled, "Okay."

Laura leaned her head against the bed, so she could rest, and intertwined her fingers with mine.

Soon, we both fell asleep.