Chapter 38 - Shoot!

Ross' POV

"How could you lose her, Ross?!" Miranda questioned me.

I kept looking around me like crazy. "B-But she was right here! I don't know where she- oh no..."

"You know Vanessa's gonna kill you for this, right?"

"Hey, she's gonna kill you too."

"...Good point. Let's go."

We walked around the same floor considering that's where we lost Laura. But it's just one plain, circle shaped room. Where could she be?

"Did you check behind the boxes?" Miranda asked while rummaging through iron bars.

"Yeah. She's not there."

"Okay," Miranda sighed. "How about I go upstairs and ask the guys if they've seen her? Then I'll search the around the whole lighthouse too and you stay here in case she shows up."

I froze. "You're gonna leave me here?"

"Oh really? Now you're scared?" She laughed.

"Laura's not with me anymore," I frowned with puppy dog eyes.

Miranda rolled her eyes, "You're so cheesy."

"And cute right?" I winked.

She shook her head. "Is this really the time?"

"Right no, sorry. Uh- yeah, you go search around and I'll stay here."

"Alright. Don't go anywhere, and in case anything serious happens, use the gun."

"Got it."

And just like that, she walked away.

Yeah, I'll admit I'm scared. I mean, c'mon. It's an old lighthouse with an underground room that's really dark.

I decided to sit down on the sandy floor, against a corner. That way, nothing can sneak up behind me, and I could see the whole room.

I just sat there, for probably forever.

"Miranda?" I decided to call out in a loud tone, but still staying where I was.

Soon, I heard footsteps and crunched leaves that the 'footsteps' probably stepped on. A shadow then started to form going down the stairs.

"Miranda, that you?" I asked, quite terrified.

"You don't need to be afraid, Rossy." The shadow says.

Rossy... Of course. It's Maia.

I held the gun that Miranda gave against me and stood up.

"What do you want, Maia?" I demanded. But honestly, I was kinda scared.

"Aw, how'd you know it was me?" The shadow came closer.

"Who else calls me Rossy?"

"Hmm... Maybe... Laura?"

Laura...

"Where is she?!" I shouted.

But Maia sounded innocent. "Where's who?"

"Don't do this Maia. You know who I'm talking about and I want her back."

"Oh, you mean Laura? She won't be back in a long time..."

She was now in front of me, close enough that I can see her face. I held the gun tighter and put it close in front of her.

"Are you really gonna shoot me, Ross? Are you really gonna shoot a girl? Everything will be on TV. Ross Lynch shoots his Teen Beach Movie co-star. You don't want that publicity, do you?" She said.

"They know what you've done, they know what you've done to Melody and her parents. I bet the only person who really cares about you now is Ramy. And the fans? Gone. So even if I kill you, what would it matter?"

Maia gave a glare.

"But you can't kill me. You don't have the guts to do it."

"What's this all about anyway? You said at first, that it was about Kristine. And you wanted to get revenge on Laura because her father-" My eyes widened and Maia smiled evilly.

"Laura!" I yelled and pushed Maia away. I ran towards the stairs, up onto the lighthouse floor. "Laura!" I kept screaming.

I stayed quiet for a while, then, I heard a whimper. And I'm pretty sure it came from upstairs.

The lighthouse was really tall, so it took forever to get to the top.

But then I saw it.

Miranda was tied up. Hands behind her back, tape on her mouth, ropes around her feet and arms.

"Miranda!" I shouted and knelt next to her on the ground.

But she kept shaking her head, trying to tell me something and her eyes kept going from mine to something behind me.

So I turned around and a gun shot snapped.