Chapter 23 - Ross & Vanessa

Ross' POV

I watched as my brother walked up to my room and shut my door.

Yeah sure, I was curious about what he was gonna do with Laura. I mean, I know what happened when I was away in Puerto Rico shooting Teen Beach Movie.

But you know what?

It's fighting fire with fire.

Quickly, I ran upstairs and made a few steps to Riker and Vanessa's room.

I knocked a couple times, opened the door a slight bit, and peeped inside.

"Vanessa?" I whispered.

Her head was sunk down on the pillow and turned towards me when I called out her name.

"Hey..." She said and sat up. Her eyes were red. Very red. And her make up was running down her eyes.

I made my way through the inside of the room and shut the door. Then sat next to her on the bed.

"Where's Riker?" Vanessa asked.

"Talking to Laura," I replied, not exactly feeling good about it. Oh what the heck. It didn't feel good at all.

"W-Why?"

"Cause he thinks Laura's right. With being mad and ignoring you and all."

"Oh great... Are you here to yell at me too?"

"No Vanessa, I'm not..." I said.

Her eyes looked up to me. "Why aren't you?"

"Because I respect your decision. I think you did the right thing by not telling Laura. I mean, I get it. You didn't want to remember what happened in the past. You didn't want Laura to know either."

"Yeah..."

Everything was quiet for a few minutes. Then Vanessa said something.

"If it helps... I didn't know Melody was Kristine's daughter."

"Yeah, I kno-" I froze then looked at her after realizing what she said. "Y-You didn't know Kristine had a daughter?"

"I didn't even know she was married. I didn't even know where she grew up. I don't even think she knows we exist."

"R-Really?"

"I was never in contact with her. No emails, no calls, no nothing. After the huge fight mom and dad had when mom found out that dad had an affair with another girl, she forgave him. But it wasn't that easy. Mom moved in with Nana and she took me and Laura with her. After a month or so, Dad apologized. And everything was fine. Kristine on the other hand, stayed with Dad while the rest of us were with Nana. But once we returned, Mom couldn't even handle looking at Kristine. She tried, but whatever she did, it wouldn't work. Finally, they decided to give Kristine up for adoption. Then, I don't know what happened after that." Vanessa explained.

"Wow. Really?" I was shocked.

"Yeah, really."

Everything was quiet for a minute, then Vanessa spoke.

"Look Ross, I know what I did was wrong and I am so sorry for hurting Laura. I would never mean to hurt her, I just didn't want her to hate her father or anything because everything with Kristine that happened was an accident. He was drunk, he- he didn't know that she slept with Maia's mother and-"

"Vanessa, it's fine. I know you meant well."

Right away, she rushed over to hug me. "Thank you. Thank you for supporting me, I thought I was alone." Tears filled her eyes that I could hear.

I hugged her back. "You're not. I'm here and I'll always be here for you okay? You still have me."

Vanessa pulled away, wiped some tears and nodded.

Although, I couldn't help but realize the amount of bracelets she was wearing on her left arm.

I smiled a bit. "What's with all the bracelets? You going out or something?" I asked.

"Umm uh," she hid her hand back and wrapped her hand around her bracelets. "It's nothing, I was just trying them on."

"Vanessa, no one tries on that many bracelets at once."

She bit her lip.

"Vanessa, seriously," I took her hand and as I did, the bracelets moved from her wrist to nearly her elbow.

And the red, bleeding lines were revealed.

"Y-You cut yourself?"

-

A/N, I'm so sorry

You guys, I'm really sorry if this chapter totally sucked. I literally had the worse day ever. It was our talent show and I performed but the whole day was just ruined by something I don't know if I wanna talk about.
But anyways, I'm really sorry.