Chapter 37 - Kidnapped

Laura's POV

Before leaving the hospital with Miranda to go back to the jail cells, our families said the usual thing they would.

"Be safe," Stormie said.

"Be careful," Vanessa said.

"Stick with Miranda," Mark said.

"Be careful. I couldn't live without my best friend," Riker said.

I hugged each one of them, but held on to Riker the longest until he finished his sentence. No, I do not like him, or have feelings for him.... I just don't know what he feels about me.

"Laura, let's go?" Miranda called to me in a friendly way; not demanding. Ross was standing next to her by the doorway.

I nodded and walked behind them and waved my last good bye to everyone.

"So, where are we gonna look for her first?" Ross asked while in the car. Miranda was driving, I in the front, and Ross at the back.

"We'll have to hear information from my officers first, only then can we look for her," Miranda replied.

"Got it."

We reached the jail cells in a few minutes and immediately, Miranda walked to the computers, and she was surrounded my guards.

"Tell me what you know," she said.

"According to a security camera, four of our men chased her down. However, she was able to get a hold of a gun," an officer reported.

Wow... Maia has a gun now?

"What? We lost four men?" Miranda looked worried again.

"Afraid so ma'am."

"Where are they?"

"Taken to the hospital."

"Good. Which way did Maia run to?"

The officer took charge of the computer and opened a black and white film, showing Maia running away.

"She's headed to the beach..." He concluded.

I suddenly remembered Kristine. Do they mean that beach? Well, it's the closest beach here. "The beach is where we found Kristine," I spoke.

Miranda asks, "Why would Maia go back there?"

"I'm not really sure... Did she run away alone, or run away with Ramy? Isn't he here too?"

"Ramy..." She suddenly remembered. "Where's Ramy?!"

Quickly, Miranda stood up and walked to the jail cells.

We followed behind her to see that in the jail cell she stopped at, there was a hole through the wall.

How strong are Maia and Ramy?

"He's gone too.... Guys! What's going on? Where are the guards who are suppose to be watching Maia and Ramy's cells? This is suppose to be the best police station in California and now it's bringing us down. If we don't find Maia and Ramy, we'll lose our reputation. As well as we don't know what those two can do." Miranda took a deep breath. "We're heading to the beach to look for her; now. Ross and Laura are coming with us."

"Yes ma'am."

It's scary. 10:30 at night, and we're going to look around the beach. Everyone in the station grabbed their things.

"You might need this," Miranda handed both Ross and I a gun.

"What?! I don't know how to use-" I was giving the gun back when she made me keep it.