Chapter 11 - Perfect

Laura's POV

"Melody, how did you know?" I whispered to her.

"I saw his face..." She whispered back.

"Ross, just- keep Maia company. I need to talk to Melody," I said. Giving Maia a look.

"Um, okay," Ross said.

"Come Melody." I took her hand and walked up the stairs, into our room, and shut the door.

Mel sat on the bed, and I sat next to her.

"That man... That took your mom, was he with another girl? Like the girl he was with by the door when he came into your house?" I asked.

"I-I was too scared. It was midnight, and I was sleeping. All I remember was mommy and daddy tucking me in and then shut the door. A few hours later, there was a loud sound. Something a gun would make. I got out of bed, and opened the door to peek, and I saw daddy on the floor bleeding. I looked to the door that leads out, and the man was dragging mommy away. I ran after them, but I couldn't find them and got lost. That's where Daddy Ross found me," she explained.

"Melody... I'm so sorry this had to happen to you."

"It's okay... I have a new family now," M smiled.

"Don't you miss your real family?"

"All mommy and daddy did was fight. Other than that, the only thing they had in common was me."

"It's not right for a child to see your mom and dad fighting all the time."

"I know! That's why I wouldn't mind being gone."

I breathed in. "Come here," I said.

I leaned in and hugged Melody tight.

"I know you don't wanna go back. You have a point, and no one wants to go back to a home where their father died or their mom was kidnapped. Of course you can stay with us and we'll take care of you. But your dad and I- I mean, Ross and I, will call a police and ask them to investigate, okay?"

"Okay :)"

"Do you wanna go back downstairs?"

"Yes!"

"Come on."

I took her hand again and walked down the stairs. Vanessa and Riker were peeking out the window.

"You guys okay?" I asked.

"Ross and Maia are talking outside. Things aren't going pretty good," said my sister.

I peeked out the second window, with Melody on my lap.

All we could hear was screaming. Not seeing, hearing. I'm pretty sure the yells of Ross and Maia can be heard through the street.

All of a sudden, we saw Rydel get in the conversation. She must've heard the yelling too.

-With Ross & Maia, Ross' POV-

"Maia, I don't have feelings for you okay?! Just leave! Get your pretend boyfriend and get out of my house!" I yelled.

"I'm outside your house, Rossy," she acted sweetly.

"Maia I am freaking serious. Get out!"

"I am not going anywhere until you get rid of that Laura girl and actually open your eyes to see who's right for you!"

"Who's right for me is Laura."

"What's going on here?!" I look to my right, and suddenly see my sister Rydel.

"Why is Maia here?" She continued.

"Apparently to make me come to my senses and pick her instead of Laura..." I said sarcastically said.

"Stay away from them Maia," Rydel supported me.

"You are not the boss of me," Maia fought. "First of all Ross, you're the one who kissed me, so clearly-"

"YOU KISSED HER?!" Rydel turned to me.

"Well um, yes- But that was because I thought she was good!"

"YOU CHEATED ON LAURA?!"

"Rydel, please-"

Then, Laura came out the door.

"Rydel, we already talked about this. It's fine, really," she said.

"Ugh, there you are," said Maia. "Do you wanna give me my boyfriend back?"

"He's my boyfriend, Maia."

"I seriously hate you Marano's. Mostly you, Laura. Stop thinking you're Miss Perfect, okay? You're just some stupid idiot who thinks she has a life."

I could see Laura was hurt from that paragraph because of her face.

"Maia, don't talk to Laura that way."

"Rossy, please. You can do better than... That," she eyed Laura.

"MAIA GET OUT!" I shouted loudly.

"Fine. But this is not over. I know you'll chose me. Hm!" Maia walked away.

Once she was gone, I turned to Laura.

"You okay?" I asked.

"Yeah... I'm fine."

"Come here," I said to her and hugged her tightly in my arms. "You are none of the things Maia said, okay? Ignore that 'Miss Perfect' thing she said. Either way, you'll always be perfect to me." I kissed the top of her head.