Chapter 40 - Screams

Ross' POV

Seeing the hospital again was usual. But not usual for coming here because your girlfriend had been shot. This will be all over the news.

Laura Marano, Austin & Ally star shot at the old abandoned lighthouse in California!

I could see the header of the news line now.

I'm pretty sure Vanessa and the others don't know we're back yet. Miranda had promised that she won't tell them anything or let them see her. She wanted to give me the chance to tell them. But how easy is it? Hey Vanessa, hey guys, remember that mission you told me to be careful at? Yeah, Laura was shot and now she's in the hospital too and she could die.

And if I say it like that, I won't be able to leave without getting kicked in the face by Vanessa. ...And Riker.

"Mr. Lynch?" An unfamiliar voice said and knocked me out of my thoughts.

I turned around to find a man in a blazer, wearing a face mask that he was just removing.

His name tag read Dr. Melton, so I'm guessing that's his name.

"That's me," I said.

"About Miss Marano," he started.

I suddenly got up from my seat. "Is there something serious that happened? She'll live, right?"

"That, I couldn't tell for sure until we complete the operation. But what we know is that she got shot at the hip. And that's a common place for people to be shot. So she has a good chance of living. I'd say, maybe 85% percent."

"B-But that's not a hundred... Barley even 90s!"

"As of now, you have nothing to worry about. Her heart is still beating."

I nodded. "Okay. Can I stay inside with her though?" I glanced over the door that read 'Authorized Personal Only.' And a red light was turned on, so others know that room is being used.

"During the operation?" The doctor asked.

"If it's not too much to ask..."

He hesitated for a while. "I suppose I could let you in. But could you handle seeing a lot of blood and your girlfriend's stomach being opened up?" Dr. Melton tried to involve some humor and laughed a bit.

I just widened my eyes and swallowed a gulp. "I think I can..."

"Right then, we can begin now." He lead me inside the room.

***

Vanessa's POV

"Truth," I said when the bottle pointed to me and the opposite of it to Rocky.

While waiting on news about Ross, Laura, and Maia, we decided to play a game of Truth or Dare. And meanwhile, Stormie and Mark headed over to McDonalds to pick up some food.

Rydel, Rocky, Ell, Ryland and I sat in a circle as Riker watched.

"Okay umm..." Rocky thought for a while. "How long have you had a crush on Riker before you dated him?"

Everyone in the circle laughed and Ellington said, "Good one!"

Riker just stared at me and smiled as if wanting to know the answer too.

"Uh, ever since we moved here, I guess." I answered honestly.

"When you guys moved here, it was when Austin & Ally started. And since Ross and Laura dated since Season 3, then... You had a crush on Riker for almost 2 years!" Rydel concluded.

"You had a crush on me for 2 years and never said anything?" Riker asked.

I felt myself getting red. "Well, we're together now, so, all's well, ends well, right?"

"Right." We all agreed.

I stood up and left the circle. "I'm kinda thirsty. There's a vending machine outside and I'm gonna grab a drink. You guys want anything?" I asked as I dusted my pants.

"Coke!"

"Juice!"

"Chocolate!"

I nodded. "Alright." As if I understood anything. I'm just gonna get whatever.

I left the room with my wallet in my hands and walked to the vending machine on this floor. There was one for drinks, and one for junk food.

This is a hospital, you'd think they want people to eat healthy.

"Hey, Nancy, did you hear about what happened with Laura Marano?" Someone said. I turned around and found out it was a nurse talking to another nurse. Still, they caught my attention when they had mentioned my sister.

"Laura Marano? As in, Ally, from Austin & Ally?" The other nurse said, who I'm guessing is Nancy.

"Yep, that's her." The nurse replied.

I listened in on their conversation.

"No, I haven't heard. Other than what happened to Riker Lynch. But what happened to Laura?"

"Apparently she got shot at the hip."

WHAT?

Nancy's mouth dropped. "Shot? Like, needle shot or gun shot?"

"Gun shot. I think she got hurt while she was with the police crew. Along with Ross Lynch."

"Did he get shot too?"

"No, just Laura. They're giving her a surgery right now."

I tried to hold back my screams. I abandoned the vending machine, and ran towards Riker's hospital room. And in there, I screamed.