Chapter 29 - Dreams

Laura's POV

"You're awake." I woke up to the sound of an unfamiliar female voice.

Fluttering my eyes open, my vision slowly cleared, and I could see the nurse in front of me.

I turned around to look back at Riker, seeing he was already awake too.

"There were people who wanted to visit you both earlier, but I told them you were asleep. They came in to check on you guys anyway," the nurse said.

Wait... Who? If it was Ross and Vanessa and they saw Riker and I in that position- ...Oh no.

"May I ask who?" I questioned the nurse.

"A boy and a girl who go by the name of Ross Lynch and Vanessa Marano; related to you both I'm guessing?"

Just as I thought...

"Did they leave?"

"Yes, an hour ago, I think."

"I-I have to go. Do I have any records that needs me to stay in the hospital?" I asked.

"No. Miss Miranda just suggested we keep you here. But you are free to go whenever you want."

"Thank you," I said, then looked back at Riker. "I'll be back, don't worry," I smiled.

He smiled back, "Bye."

I quickly left the hospital, and ran my way home; I'm use to it.

Once I reached home, I pulled out the key from my bag and opened the door. Then, I was shocked by what I saw.

Maia was here.

"What- Why are you here?" I asked her right away. "Where's Ross? Where's Vanessa?! They should be kicking you out right now!"

"Slow down Marano," Maia stood from the couch. "Your sister and your ex bailed me out of jail."

"Ex? What on earth- Just get out of my house!" I ordered.

"She's not leaving Laura," Ross suddenly appeared from the top of the stairs. "She lives here now."

"Vanessa would never approve of this."

"But I do," Vanessa then appeared too.

"What's going on?" I started backing away.

"Maia's my new girlfriend," Ross said proudly, putting his arm around Maia's waist.

"I- I don't understand..."

"You're dating Riker, right?" He asked.

"What?! Ross I'm not dating Riker!"

"You both were sleeping in the hospital together," Vanessa joined.

"Only to keep him company! He needed someone there and Miranda put us in the same room!"

"Sorry Laura, but it's over."

"What? Ross no!"

I watched as he leaned over to kiss Maia and I screamed in a deafening noise.

Then, I woke up.

I was still in the hospital; I was still sitting on the chair next to Riker.

"Laura? You okay?" Riker asked.

"Yeah... I'm fine," I lied.

"You suddenly started screaming... Bad dream?"

"Yeah, it was about-" I stopped myself for a minute. If I tell Riker what the dream was really about, he might think I wanna avoid him, and eventually, he'll avoid me too, and I don't want that to happen. "A puppy killing a kitten," I randomly lied again and said the first thing that came to my head.

"You had a dream about a puppy killing a kitten?" He smiled a bit.

"Yup..."

"Haha, okay."

The door suddenly opened, which made me jump a bit. Riker's hand was no longer intersected with mine. I guess I removed it when I screamed.

"Miss Marano, Mr. Lynch, there are a few people who want to see you... And by a few, I mean a lot," the nurse that walked in said.

Thinking it was the Lynches, and my sister I smiled. "Let them in."

"Woohoo! Hey Laura!" Rocky came jumping. "Hey brosef," he gave Riker a punch in the shoulder.

"Okay, ow!" Riker replied, keeping a hand on top of where Rocky punched him.

"Lauraaaa!" Rydel came running towards me and gave me a hug.

I decided to stand up.

Rydel gasped, "Why are you not in your bed?" She asked.

"Rydel, I don't need to," I laughed.

"No, you need to-"

"Hello? Remember me? Your older brother?" Riker interrupted. Delly laughed too.

"Be right back," she said, and walked straight to Riker.

The next person who came to greet us was Ellington, you got me a fake little mini bouquet, and then Stormie and Mark, and then Ryland... That's it.

"Mrs. Lynch, where's Ross and Vanessa?" I asked Stormie. I was scared; could my dream be real?

"Oh, Vanessa had a little Switched At Birth emergency, so she had to hurry back to the set, and I think Ross is buying you flowers at the flower shop across the street," she said back.

"Thanks!"

I grabbed my purse and walked out the door, ignoring any comment by anyone. I wanted to see my boyfriend, and I smiled really, really big in my head when Stormie said he was getting me flowers.

Soon, I was already downstairs at the ground floor. I looked around for the entrance/exit and saw Ross coming in. Flowers and Chocolates in hand.

"Ross!" I screamed and ran towards him and immediately wrapped my arms around his neck.

"Whoa, and I thought you were hurt," he giggled.

"I'm fine! I'm totally fine as long as you're here," I still didn't let go of him.

"Well then. You are not okay, why don't you tell me what's going on?" He laughed.

I pulled away from the hug, not wanting to. And I stood there, looking down for a minute.

"Laur?" Ross snapped me back to earth.

"You might hate me if I told you," I honestly said.

He looked shock by what I said, "Laura I could never hate you. Whatever you do, I'd never hate you. You could tell me anything."

"Can we, sit down or something?" I tried to laugh a bit.

"Sure."

He walked me over to an area with small tables, each with two chairs. He pulled a chair open for me and I sat, him doing the same.

"Sooo?" Ross waited.

"Okay... It was a dream. You and Vanessa walked into the hospital room and saw that I was sleeping next to Riker, holding his hand, and then-"

"Wait, was you holding his hand and sleeping next to Riker happening in real life, or is it part of the dream?" He asked.

"Umm... Dream," I lied... Again.

"Okay, continue."

"Well, you guys saw us. And then left. I woke up an hour later and the nurse said that you guys visited. So I got worried and hurried back home. When I did, Maia was there. And Vanessa approved of her living there... You guys bailed her out of jail... And then you said that you were breaking up with me, and then you... You kissed her."

"You'd think that I would immediately go to another girl? Laura of course not. I wouldn't be hurt even if I did see you with Riker."

"Really?"

"Of course. I know you're best friends, so I don't see the problem. And Maia? Maia doesn't exist to me anymore. She's nothing to me, and you're all I care about.

I smiled, "I love you."

"I love you too."