Chapter 22 - Riker & Laura

Riker's POV

I walked inside Ross and Laura's room and found Laura laying down on the bed, facing the other side of the wall. Meaning that she didn't see me coming, but heard me.

"Ross, I don't know what to do anymore..." She said, thinking I was Ross who came in.

"Laura, it's Riker," I smiled and shut the door behind me.

Laura turned around and looked my way.

"Riker?... Where's Ross? Is everything okay?" She was already getting out of bed, worried.

I stopped her, "Laura Laura... Everything's fine." Then I looked down for a while as she looked at me. "Okay... It's not."

Laura sat up, hugging a pillow on her lap, paying attention.

"What happened?" She asked.

"Ross and I... Just got into a fight. Right now, downstairs."

"Oh my goodness Riker... What was it about?"

"Actually, it was about you and Vanessa."

"Me and Vanessa?" She titled her head, looking curious.

"Ross was supporting Vanessa and-"

"Yeah I know. In the car while we were driving around, he kept telling me how sorry my sister was and asking me if I wanna go home and stuff... My own boyfriend wasn't on my side even one bit," explained Laura.

"Yeah and I wasn't on Vanessa's side..." I said quietly.

"Y-You what?"

"She kept a secret from you for 17 years. It's not right. Now, you never even got a chance to meet your other sister since she died."

Her eyes were getting watery.

"L-Laura don't cry... It'll be alright," I moved closer to her on the bed, patting her back. And all of a sudden, she just pulled me close and hugged me tight.

"Thank you," she said under her breath. "I needed someone with me. And I'm glad it's you."

I smiled, "We haven't been as close as we were in Puerto Rico and when Ross left for Teen Beach Movie."

Laura pulled away and wiped a few tears.

"I know... I wish we were that close again."

"We can be...?" I suggested in a low voice, hoping she didn't hear. But she did, and she smiled.

"Yeah. I would love that."

I didn't say anything, but I just smiled again.

She was still crying though.

"Oh, here." I grabbed a tissue from across the bed and carefully wiped off her tears. I suddenly remembered the time when we were baking a cake and I got flour all over my face. Laura was the one who wiped it off and I had to carry her just to reach my height. There was a moment there, one simple moment where we looked into each other's eyes. And then, Rydel came, taking a picture of us baking and posted it on Instagram. I missed that. But I focused on the moment now. Her eyes were sparkling brown, practically hazel.

"Your eyes turn lighter when you cry?" I asked, laughing a bit. Not because it's funny, it's adorable.

"Oh... Yeah. They do. I don't know why. It never happens to Vanessa or runs in the family. It just happens to me."

"Ross should write a song about that," I giggled.

"About hazel eyes?"

"Yeah, it would be a cute song. Maybe a song like he made a mistake and you're about to leave, so he wants to spend more time with you, like maybe one last dance before you leave and then you try to forgive him and stuff."

Laura smiled. "That would be adorable."