Chapter 4 - Had Enough

Laura's POV

It hurts.

It hurts to see your sister cry everyday.

It hurts to feel like you lost everything.

It hurts to lose the people you care about.

The rest of the Lynches and Ratliff found out about my parents' death a few days later.

Stormie and Mark were more than happy to help us.

They called the reporters, and soon more than a hundred showed up at our lawn.

It's shocking to come home and suddenly, all these cameras and flashing lights were there.

"Can we please just have our privacy?" Ross and Riker kept me and Vanessa safe in their hands as they blocked off the paparazzi till' we reached our front door.

The reason they called the reporters was so they can send the dead bodies of my parents to California to prepare for their funeral.

Since then, reporters and paparazzi were always at our lawn.

Mark tried getting them out.

It didn't work.

All the Lynches tried to get them out.

It didn't work.

Until finally, Vanessa spoke up.

The front door opened, and out she came.

A reporter immediately asked, "Vanessa! Vanessa! How does it feel to have your parents die?" She said as she put a mic close to my sister's mouth.

Ross and I were watching from inside the house as Riker stood by her.

"How does it feel?" Vanessa answered. "I'm pretty sure it doesn't feel damn right good when reporters are shoving everything in your face making us think about it everyday. What do you guys want? Pictures? Interviews? Tell me! I'll give it to you all. For once, my family just wants peace. Peace. Is that so hard to ask? Every freaking day I come home from work and you are all at my house. All you want are answers to your questions to make you popular? To earn more money? Well then take it out on other people. Can't you at least have a heart and leave me and my sister alone for some privacy. Unless you stop coming at my house and blind us with your stupid lights everyday, I will NEVER forget about my parents passing away. HOW WOULD YOU FEEL?! HOW WOULD YOU FEEL IF YOUR PARENTS DIED AND EVERYONE IS JUST SHOVING MICROPHONES AND CAMERAS AT YOUR FACE?! Don't you just wanna be alone?! Well this invades the privacy of my family being alone.
What now huh? Are you gonna show up at my parents' funeral and crash it too? Or can you at least show some respect and let us have some time alone for once? The choice is yours."

And slowly, the reporters started walking away.

I smiled to the bravery of my sister and Riker and Vanessa walked back inside.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"Perfect. I'm just so happy to get that out of my head," she smiled.

It's the first time I saw her smile in weeks.

The moment was then ruined by the ring of the doorbell. Vanessa was ready to scream at them if they were reporters. But they were just the Lynches.

"Vanessa, how are you sweetie?" Stormie let herself in, followed by the others.

"You heard me?" Vanessa asked.

"Honey, you were on TV."

"Oh..."

"It's okay Vanessa. You did the right thing," She smiled. "You did."

-

Any comments and votes for Vanessa's rant/speech? :))) (I hope😂)