Chapter 26 - Arrested

"What's your name? I asked.

"Why must you know?" She replied. Not in a mean way of course. No relative of ours could he treated with dis-manner. Of course, she's Maia's sister too.

"Please..." I begged. "I-I think I might know you," I gave it straight.

But even if it is her, how is it possible? Kristine's dead... Right?

"What do you think my name is?" She tested.

"Kristine," I promptly said. "Kristine Jane Skye. And your maiden name? It's Marano."

Her eyes widened, "H-How do you know me?"

It was her.

"I-I'm your sister," I hesitated before answering.

She just tried to laugh a bit. "But that's impossible. I don't have any relatives, I grew up in a foster home."

"I thought Dad sent you to an adoption center?"

"Someone from the foster home adopted me." Her stare then steadied. "Wait, how do you know that too?"

"Kristine. I'm telling you that I am your sister. I also know that you have a daughter named Melody."

She suddenly stood up. "Melody- Wh-Where is she?"

"She's missing," Riker came in. "We took care of her for a couple of days, then she ran away."

"Why would she do that?"

"She thought Ross and Laura would get arrested for taking care of her and lying to the police that they had her."

"Do you believe I'm your sister now?" I asked.

"Fine. Maybe I do, but I won't admit it just yet," said Kristine. "Who is this Ross?" She asked.

"Do you not get TV in your house?" Riker laughed.

I looked back at him and mouthed, "Not the time." And he just kept quiet. Kristine gave him a stare too. But Riker was right in some way.

"He does have a point though. Ross and I are the lead in Disney's show, 'Austin & Ally.'"

"Ross is your boyfriend?"

I nodded.

"So I have a celebrity sister?" She sounded excited.

"Don't get too happy. You have a sister who's in jail too," I added.

"What? It's almost impossible to have a Marano who's jailed," Kristine laughed for the first time.

I stayed serious, "She's... Not a Marano. She's a Mitchell."

Kristine had a confused look on her face.

"Y-You don't know the story behind your parents, do you?"

"Never met them."

Wait, she's never known about me, she's never known about Dad?

"You're kidding?" I made sure.

"Nope."

We stayed quiet for a while, until suddenly, there was a loud noise of running men. Sounding like they were in the cave.

"What's going on?!" I grew scared.

Then, about 10 people in a police uniform came in.

"Ma'am, you're under arrest," one said to me.

"What what?!" I yelled when they grabbed my hand.

"Don't touch her!" Riker shouted. But he was being held back too.

"What are you doing to them?! Stop it!" Kristine yelled as well.

"Are you Kristine Jane Marano Skye?" An officer disobeyed her and asked her a question instead.

"Y-Yes."

"Then you're coming with me."

Important A/N

I've decided to continue the story. But guys I'm just nicely asking you to stay active and please vote💕 Thanks.