Chapter 44 - What's Happening?!

Laura's POV

I couldn't sleep. Once we all got home, everyone set out for bed. Rocky, Ryland, Rydel, and Ellington decided to spend the night here and are currently all cramped up in the living room.

I looked to my side to find Ross deep asleep, cuddling Dougie The Dolphin. Who knew he kept that thing?

Standing up and grabbing a sweater, I decided to check on the guys downstairs.

The living room table was stacked with boxes of pizza, each one empty. Ryland was passed out on the floor, and Rocky's legs were extended out in a couch for one person. Then there's Ratliff and Rydel. Both asleep on the sofa. Delly's head sat on Ell's lap, and his hand was on her shoulder with his head set back, eyes closed as well.

So everyone was sleeping except for me, but the 'Rydellington,' thought had me smiling.

"You're awake," someone said from the top of the stairs, making me jump.

Vanessa came waking down, wearing a pink robe around her.

"How're you doing?" She asked.

"Pretty good," I said. It was the truth.

"What are you doing still up?"

My gaze quickly shifted to the two people on the sofa. "Staring at Rydellington."

Vanessa looked over and smiled. "They're cute aren't they?"

"Yeah."

"How about we give the Rydellington fans a little picture?" My sister smirked.

"Picture them sleeping? I don't know..."

"It's just for fun. We'll delete it after like, a minute."

"Fine, but if you get in trouble, it's all on you."

Vanessa pulled out her phone and before she could click the picture, a sound came from the kitchen. We both turned around to find fire coming out from the stove.

My mouth dropped open. "How did..."

Vanessa quickly rushed to the kitchen and turned off the stove. "What just happened?!"

"I- I don't..."

Suddenly, the blender turned on and the loud sound filled the house. This time, I ran to the blender and plugged out the wire. I stared at the black chord in my hand and looked at Vanessa. "What's happening?!"

"Told ya not to talk that picture," I joked.

Nessa rolled her eyes. "Not the time!"

Lights in the room started to flicker, causing Ellington to wake up. Which made Rydel wake up.

"What's going on?" Rydel asked as she rubbed her sleepy eyes.

When her and Ell were wide awake, their stares locked on my sister with her hands on the stove, and me with a socket in my hand.

"Something's not right," I said and everyone focused on the flickering lights. And as if that wasn't enough, the TV suddenly turned on.

Delly pulled her knees up and hugged them. "I- I don't like this..."

After a few minutes of glaring around the room, there came a certain smell. All our eyes widened as we screamed and a large yellow-orange glow appeared by the door. "FIRE!"