Chapter 42 - It's Okay

"Ross, you did tell your family that Laura's here, right?" The doctor asked me.

"Uhh... Not really." I bit my bottom lip and looked down.

He sighed and looked towards the nurse. "Linda, tell them Ross will be out in a bit."

Nurse Linda nodded and walked out, then shut the door.

Great, now how am I suppose to face Vanessa?

•••

"The doctor said she has a good chance of living! She's gonna be okay," I tried to make her calm down.

"You don't know that! How do you know that she'll be okay? We don't know for certain, we don't know at all Ross!" Vanessa was pacing back and forth, around the small hall as I sat on a chair. Rocky and Rydel, both behind her. While Ellington and Ryland were assigned to stay with Riker.

"I should've known this was too dangerous," she continued.

Rydel stepped up and rested a hand on Vanessa's shoulder. "Vanessa... I'm pretty sure he didn't mean whatever happened. He tried to save Laura anyway. Things happen, they happen for a reason."

"What's the reason why I could've lost my sister right now?" She snapped.

"We don't know for sure if you lost her..." Rocky spoke under a whisper.

"We don't know for sure if I did either!"

From Rocky and Rydel's tone, I can tell they're on my side. But Riker... If he wasn't confined in the hospital right now, I think Team Lynches would lose against Team Marano & Lynch.

•••

Hours later, the doctor came out of the operation room.

Eager to hear the news, we all sat on the chairs next to the room.

Before that, Rydel texted Ell that we'd be back in a while so that they know why we won't be there.

"How did it go?" Vanessa and I both stood up at the same time, and ran in front of the doctor.

The doctor smiled. "It went well, she'll be okay."

Nessa exhaled. "Thank you, thank you, thank you!" She went to hug him.

He looked shock, but hugged her back. "You're welcome."

"So, when can we see her?" I asked.

"We'll bring her to a room. Unless you want her to be in the same room your brother is? Riker Lynch?" He answered after pulling away from Vanessa's hug.

"That'd be perfect."

"She's still sleeping though, so she'll probably wake up in a few hours or so."

"She's okay. And that's good enough for me," I smiled.

A/N

Tbh, I don't really know for sure where this story's going...😂 So it's probably gonna end after a few chapters, and then I'll start a new book that I think you're gonna like ;)