Chapter 36 - We're Coming

Vanessa's POV

"What? How?" I flipped out just as much as Miranda did. It's not normal for someone to immediately run out of jail like that. There should be a thousand of police guards out to catch her and put her back in the cage.

Miranda had her hand on her forehead, trying to sink in the situation. "I-I don't know. They said she stole a guard's key and unlocked her cell."

"I'll help you find her," I was already walking back to the elevator, but Miranda held me back.

"Vanessa no, you're pregnant. Dealing with something like this with lots of running and possible hurting, it's safer for you to stay in the hospital room."

"But-"

"Vanessa please? I don't want you to get hurt. I'll drop you off to the room and I'll get going."

I nodded once and Miranda started walking next to me so I followed her. She lead me to a door labeled, "Lynch/Marano," and it's weird because normally, the rooms would be labeled as numbers, not names. But, oh well.

She opened the door, and I felt a nervous feeling rush across me. It was as if I was scared to see my sister, my boyfriend. But as I came in, Laura screamed my name.

"Vanessa!" She shouts and runs to hugs me. I hug her back and look at Miranda and Ross who smile to me. And I already knew this hug meant Laura forgave me.

"I'm so glad you're here, Kristine she- She was here and Melody was here and then the brain cancer and Kristine was letting her daughter die and-"

Laura was explaining fast, but I stopped her when she said Kristine was gonna let her daughter die. I mean seriously? What kind of a mother does that?

"What do you mean Kristine was letting Melody die?"

"Well, Kristine knew that Melody had brain cancer the first month she had it, but she didn't have the money to pay for the surgery. So I insisted that I pay for it now, but it's already been 4 months. And then, when we talked to the doctor, he said Kristine looked familiar and he remembered that she was the patient he gave a free surgery to. And yet, Kristine didn't take it because she was having a hard time with Melody and decided to let her die instead."

My mouth was hung open as I stared at everyone in the room and they nodded to me, as if telling me all this is real.

"I know, I had the same reaction."

"Before we live a mysterious life, can I have my hug first?" Riker called from behind Ross and Laura.

Everyone stared at him and laughed a bit. I ran to him and wrapped my arms around his neck.

"I thought you'd all still be mad at me," I whispered to him.

"We'd never be able to stay mad at you," he whispered back and held me closer.

"Well, I gotta get going," Miranda says before walking to the door.

"Miranda wait," Laura stopped her. "Why do you have to go so soon?"

She smiled, "Laura, I've been here since you found Melody, talked to the doctors, and helped Vanessa up here, I really need to go."

I stared at Miranda and she caught my stare. She knew I was wondering why they're not telling them that Maia ran away.

"Miranda..." I said. "Just tell them, they need to know."

"Need to know what?" Ross asked next to Laura.

"Okay..." She started, "Maia ran away. She escaped from jail."

All the people in the room looked like they were going to faint.

"But, how?" Laura tried to stay calm.

"She stole the keys and left."

"We're helping you find her," Ross insisted. Meaning him and Laura.

"I don't want you guys getting hurt." The same thing Miranda said to me.

"Miranda, we can help. I promise."

She thought for a while. "Okay. But not Laura," she said.

Laura made a face. "What? Why?"

"You could still be hurt... You were hurt last time, I don't want that happening again."

"With all do respect, Miranda," Rydel suddenly appeared. "You might not wanna leave Ross alone with Maia. I love Laura and I want her to be safe, but things happen when Laura isn't with Ross."

Everyone laughed a bit.

"Okay, Laura can come," Miranda agreed. "But you're both staying close to me, not one of the guards."

"Got it."

"'Right, let's go."

A/N
Expect a CSI chapter next you guys😎😂