Chapter 41 - Rumored

Vanessa's POV

"Is... Everything okay?" Riker first asked me when I came into the room. Followed by Rydel, Rocky, Ratliff, and Ryland.

"I- Um... Heard two nurses... They were- Th-They were..." I felt myself shaking, I couldn't even .stand still.

Rocky got up and accompanied me to a chair and Rydel got some water from the cold fridge and handed it to me.

"Vanessa, say something," I heard Riker say.

I tried to speak, I tried to scream again. But nothing came out. I was too shocked by what I heard. What I heard about my sister. It can't be right, can it?

"Guys, I think she's traumatized," Rydel held her hand on my forehead and arched a brow. "Rocky, check her heart," she said.

Rocky leaned down and put his ear close to my chest. After a good five seconds, he stood straight again. "It's beating fast. Really fast."

"She's worried about something," Riker realized. "Vanessa, what's wrong?"

Words couldn't come out, but I managed to say a few. "Ross and Laura are back from their mission."

Rydel looked at me weirdly. "That's impossible, they would've called us."

"And there's a reason why they didn't call us."

"Why?" Rocky asked.

"I... heard two nurses talking. Saying that Laura was getting a surgery because- because she was hurt," I finally said.

Everyone in the room looked at me.

"Are you sure you heard them right?" Ell assured.

"Positive."

Ross' POV

I watched in horror as Laura was being operated. Of course, I wanted to be here for her. But how on earth can I handle seeing them open up the side of her stomach?

Every once in a while, I flinched and had to close my eyes a bit.

The doctor offered me to sit down on a chair in the room, and I decided to take the offer.

But suddenly, a nurse stormed inside.

"Doctor! We have an emergency," she screamed, holding a clipboard in her hand and papers were flying away.

The doctor glared at the nurse. "Linda, you know better than to interrupt an operation."

"Yes, I know sir. But, Miss Marano's sister and friends? They are causing a commotion outside."

I looked up at the nurse in shock.

"Why is that?" Dr. asked.

"They're saying that they had no idea Laura was having an operation. Or even that she was back."

"That's impossible, I'm pretty sure Mr. Lynch told them, right?" He looked back at me.

"Umm..."

A/N

Honestly guys, I feel like this story's horrible. You could tell that my writing has been slacking off, and I'm really sorry.