Chapter 30 - Reason for Isolation

'Everything Had Changed,' has over a million reads😱 Thanks guys! Enjoy this chapter, someone returns😏

Ross' POV

"These are for you, by the way," I said, giving Laura the flowers and chocolates.

"Figures," Laura smiled and took the gifts. "Thank you."

"Not a problem. I bought them cause, I thought you were really hurt and then the next thing I know, I see you running towards me," I laughed.

"Can't a girlfriend miss her boyfriend?"

"Sure she can. I just thought you were distracted by Riker," I kidded.

"Shut up!" She gave me a light punch.

"I was kidding! I was kidding!" I put my hands in front of me to defend.

Laura sat back down.

"Serious here though, you ever have feelings for Riker?" I asked.

"Ross..." She answered, giving me a stare.

"I'm not gonna kill you," I tried to add humor.

"No, I never had feelings for him."

"Being with him in Puerto Rico says another story."

"Mmhmm, and being with Maia is a different story too?"

"Okay you know what, let's move on."

"Happy to. Shall we go catch up with the others?" She said with a British accent.

"We shall."

I took her hand as we laughed about our conversation. I held Laura's hand on the way back to the hospital room.

"Where's Kristine by the way?" She asked while we were in the elevator.

"Oh, she's with Miranda for now. But I told her that she's welcome at our house any time she wants."

Laura laughed a bit. "Wait, Vanessa actually agreed to that?"

"Agreed? Yeah, she did. But it took aaaalot of convincing," I laughed too.

The elevator opened up to the 5th floor, and we went out; still not letting go of each other's hands.

"Hellooo people!" Laura said as she walked into the room.

"Well, there are the two love birds," Rydel giggled.

I looked around the room, and I noticed Riker was gone. "Where's Riker?" I asked.

"Oh, the nurse took him in. They wanted to check on his stitches," Mom answered.

"They can't check on him here?" Laura asked. I would've asked the same thing.

"Apparently, it's more serious than that sweetie."

"Oh... I hope he's okay."

"We hope the same."

Laura's POV

About an hour later, they started bringing Riker in again. He was asleep, so I couldn't do anything.

"Will he be okay?" I asked the nurse.

"Yes. He'll wake up in a few minutes or so," she said.

She looked like she was in a hurry.

"Is everything alright?" I worried that there could be something wrong with Riker that she's not telling us.

"Oh, it's fine. There's just a patient that we found on the street and she looked really sick. I don't know if you've heard about it, but she's the girl all over the news and we should be calling the police by now to tell them that we found her."