Chapter 25 - Lost & Found

With Riker & Laura, by the beach, Laura's POV

"This is really nice of you Riker," I said as we strolled through shore.

"What'd I do?" He asked, even though I know that he knows what he did.

"Taking me out to the beach, helping me get my mind off things."

"Oh, no problem. I'm happy to help. And to be there."

"Like Puerto Rico?"

He nodded, "Like Puerto Rico."

We kept on walking, the sunset going down. Making it a perfect picture for a silhouette.

The perfect day was almost ruined. Ruined by rain.

I felt a drop on my hand and my head.

"Did you feel that?" I asked Riker.

"No, what?" A drop suddenly fell on him too. "Ohh..."

We both looked up, and the sky was beginning to turn gray, and the rain poured harder.

"Oh gosh!" I laughed, getting wet.

"There's a cave over there!" Riker pointed in front of me.

"Hurry!" I giggled and pulled his hand. I dragged him towards the cave and noticed a red, orange glow before we walked in.

"What's that?" I asked.

"Looks like a fire..." he answered.

"So someone else is in there?"

"I guess."

"Let's look!" I continued dragging him and we finally reached the inside of the cave. We both heard crackling fire in the deeper part, and walked towards the noise and glow.

And just like I predicted, I was right. There was a woman laying down, hugging herself tight with a blanket and looks asleep. Her face, covered in scratches and dirt. She looked older than me, but younger than Vanessa. I hesitated looking at her for a while. Actually, I look a bit older.

I felt sorry for her, just watching the lady lay on the ground, as if just waiting for her death.

"You think she's alive?" Riker stupidly asked.

I nudged him. "There's fire, she's keeping herself warm in a blanket. It's obvious that she made the fire and since it's still here, she's alive."

I looked towards her again, and saw that her eyes were opening.

"You woke her!" I teased Riker.

"What? We both did!" He laughed.

"Stay away!" Someone suddenly said.

I glanced at the girl, seeing that she was fully awake, leaning towards the end of the cave and wrapping herself tight in the blanket, sitting up.

"I-I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to startle you," I said, walking closer to her.

"Who are you? What are you doing here?" She asked.

"I'm Laura, Laura Marano. And, I- we were just outside when it started to rain, and this was the closest shelter we could find. I'm really sorry."

"Y-You don't work with the police or anything?"

"No, of course not."

I felt hands dragging me away. I turned around and saw it was Riker.

"Laura... If she's wondering if we're police, she could be dangerous. Let's go," he whispered.

I let go of his pull. "I can handle this."

I stepped closer to the girl again, and this time, sat across her.

"Why would you think we were working with the police?" I asked gently.

"Umm... I-I just thought so. You should get going, you and-" she gazed up at Riker. "You and your boyfriend."

Riker and I looked at each other and then glanced back at her, "Oh um, he's not my boyfriend. Just a family friend," I corrected.

"Okay well, you and your family friend may leave."

"Laura you heard her, let's go," Riker started tugging on me again.

"Wait!" I raised my voice a bit and pulled away. I slid as I did. And I slid right across the girl that I was close enough to see her brown eyes.

And that's when I noticed.

This girl right here, is my other sister.