Chapter 39 - How Do I Explain?

Next thing you know, Laura fell to the ground, a small puddle of red blood right next to her hip.

"Laura!" I screamed, immediately felt a tear in the corner of my eye.

Sure, boys don't cry much. But you do when someone you love is dying.

I rushed to her body on the ground, and held her body close to me.

"Laura, say something. Please..." I begged.

Her eyes were half way open, and she tried to speak.

I quickly listened to her heart, hoping it's still beating. Which it is, but it's too slow.

"No no no... This can't be happening."

"Well, looks like I got my revenge," Maia appeared.

"This isn't right, Maia! It was her fault her father was drunk, it wasn't her fault they had Kristine! All of this was done by her and your parents! What do both their daughters have involved in this?!"

"Laura is still a Marano. And I will not have a sister who goes by a Marano. It disgusts me to think that one of my relatives are my enemy."

"So if you disagree with that, by logic, you have to die too."

Maia's eyes blinked a couple times as if saying I'm ridiculous. "Laura is the one who deserves to die. And now that she's shot, we're done here." She turned towards Ramy. "Ramy, let's go."

I watched as the two walked down the stairs.

I looked around the room, seeing all the guards tied up, especially Miranda. I kept Laura on my lap as I scooted over to her, untied and removed the tape on her mouth.

"Is she breathing?!" Miranda immediately rushed to Laura.

"I- I don't think so..."

She leaned in and listened to her heart. "It's beating, but it's slow."

Exactly what I said.

"We need to rush her to the hospital." Miranda stood up and untied the other men. "Get the others at the cave," she demanded. "We're driving to the hospital as quick as possible."

While one of the police stood up and walked downstairs to get the others, the rest of the guards helped carry Laura. I mean, I was totally fine with carrying her myself, but they helped.

"How am I suppose to explain this to Vanessa?" I asked.

"How are you gonna explain this to Riker?" Miranda added.

"Riker?"

"C'mon, it's obvious they're really close. Riker could kill you."

"So I have both Vanessa and Riker on my hands?"

"Pretty much."

-

IMPORTANT AUTHOR'S NOTE

Sorry this chapter was short guys. But do any of you remember one of my old stories In Paris With You?
Well if you don't, I still wrote one. And this account @PresentsForU stole the cover and said she made it. She won't listen to me, so I was hoping maybe if more people talk to her, she would listen? Please just try. It's plagiarism and it's not right.