Chapter 14 - In The Case

Ross' POV

After the park, we decided to head to the mall.

It was just 6:30 anyways.

"Melody, do you like this dress?" Laura pulled out a little blue dress from a racket.

We were at a clothing shop for kids and decided to shop for Melody.

Rydel's looking around too.

"Yes mommy!" Melody smiled.

"Perfect," Laura added the dress to the basket. Along with the other 8 shirts and dresses that Melody will try on before we pay for them.

"Look at this adorable pink tutu!" Rydel came running and held up a pink tutu.

"Reminds me of you," I laughed.

"I know! And I want Melody and I to look the same whenever there's a party or something," she said.

"Looks cute! Put it in!" Laura added it to the basket too.

"You guys do know I'm paying, right?" I said.

"Yep! And this is just for Melody. You're shopping for me and Laura too," my sister laughed.

"Oh perfect..."

Rydel and Laura laughed again and ran around the store, leaving me and Mel behind.

"Hey! You forgot the person your shopping for!" I yelled.

They didn't look back.

"Oh well... Wanna eat something Mel?" I turned to Melody.

There was a coffee shop right in front of the store.

"Okay!"

I carried her again and walked to the coffee shop, then seated her on a table.

"What would you like?" I asked.

She looked at the pictures on the menu. "Umm... Cupcake!"

"What flavor?"

"Chocolate!"

"Got it ;)"

The waiter came a few minutes later and we gave our order.

I texted Laura and told her we were at the coffee shop across the store they were in.

Ross: At the coffee shop across the store with Mel. Join us when you can, credit card's in your bag😘

Laura: Haha, thanks! I'm actually gonna go there to get Melody so she can try things on. Be there in a minute!

Ross: Kk, Byeee.

After I put down my phone, someone shocked me from behind. "Boo!"

"What the-" I looked back and saw Laura. "You scared me!"

Melody was laughing.

"I know," Laura winked. "Can I take her?" She asked.

"All yours!"

"Thanks!" She said and took Melody with her back in the shop.

I looked around the coffee shop as they left, bored.

As I looked around though, I noticed two men in a police uniform, holding a picture, going to each table in here.

Then, they came walking towards me.

"Ross Lynch?" One of them asked.

"Yes..." I said. "Something wrong?"

"We know that you are a good friend of Ms. Mitchell's. In case you don't know, she is in jail along with a boy for kidnapping a mother and killing a father of a young little girl," they explained.

Jail?... Wow. Maybe that's why she gave up.

"I, actually didn't know," I responded.

"Well, when the main office solved the case, the daughter of the couple that was kidnapped and killed was missing. We'd like to know if you'd seen her," They pulled out the picture, "Melody Marie Skye."

The picture is Melody. So that's her full name.

"I'm sorry, I haven't seen her," I lied.

"Mr. Lynch, we are aware that your girlfriend, Laura Marano, posted a picture of you two together, holding a little girl in what looks like Melody on Instagram," they said.

"Umm... That was just a fan. After the picture, we let her go," I lied again.

"Okay," they gave up. "Thank you for your time."