In the Beginning

COVER DONE BY: ladyarchangel74

Tony Stark was many things, he's most noted for being a genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist, and of course Iron Man. No one ever, EVER thought that he would add father to those titles.

Though at the time he had no idea that he was a father. How could he, the knowledge had been hidden from him since the day that Nodoka found out she was pregnant.

You see, Tony wasn't always the womanizing drunk that he is now. He was once deeply in love with a Japanese beauty. Tony and Nodoka had been in a relationship for more that six months. In that time period, Tony had changed. He was no longer the partying, skirt chaser that he used to be, he had changed for the better. Tony was totally and completely faithful to Nodoka. True he was still childish, but his girlfriend found it endearing.

Tony and Nodoka were very happy together, but one day that all changed. Nodoka had come running into Tony's apartment, sobbing. Tony had been sitting at his work table tinkering with some new invention. He looked up and immediately got to his feet, making a beeline straight to the love of his life.

"Honey, what's wrong?" Tony asked in a worried tone as he took Nodoka into his arms.

Nodoka continued to sob as she clung to Tony. Eventually she was able to get herself under control long enough to speak to Tony.

"Tony, I have received the worst new possible from my parents."

"What is it, love?"

"I was informed just today that I have been betrothed to another man."

Tony staggered back in utter disbelief. Tony began to panic, just the very thought of losing Nodoka had him sick to his stomach. Finally, Tony was able to pull it together, he takes a deep breath and took Nodoka by the hands.

"Okay, no problem, we'll just simply leave and go back to the United States. Go home right now, Honey, and pack. Then come straight back and we'll go to the airport."

Tony tells her as he turns to go to his bedroom to begin packing. He turned around and saw that Nodoka was still standing there with her head down. Dread began to fill Tony's heart as he gazed upon his girlfriend.

"Honey, what are you waiting for? Go home and pack, we need to leave here as soon as possible."

Nodoka shook her head, "No, Tony, I can't go with you. No matter how much I love you. No matter how much I want to be with you, I can't go against my parents. I can't shame them."

Tony rushes to her, taking her hands in his.

"No, Sweetheart, please don't do this, I love you, I need you. Please don't leave me."

Nodoka pulls her hands out of his and cups his face. Tony leaned into her touch.

"I'm sorry, Tony, I have no other choice. I have to go, but know this I will alway love you."

With that, Nodoka turns and sprints out of Tony's apartment. Tony falls to his knees and begins to sob. After what seems like hours, Tony finally stands up, his pain has slowly turned into anger. Pulling the box out of his pocket, he screams and throws it against the wall. Tony makes his way over to the bar, he opens a bottle of bourbon and begins drinking straight from the bottle.

Once Tony finishes the bottle he walks over to where the box is. He kneels down and picks up the engagement ring, Tony lets out another sob then pockets the ring. Right then and there, Tony vows that never again was he going to get attached to any woman. He was just going to have his way with them and dump them. Tony opens another bottle of bourbon and drinks half the bottle.

Thus, the alcoholic, arrogant, womanizing, Tony Stark was born.

A few months had passed, Nodoka was miserable. She was in such a state of depression that she had not noticed that she had not had her period within those three months. Finally when she woke up one morning she rushed to the bathroom to vomit. She began to realize that something was wrong. She quickly dressed and went to the local pharmacy for a pregnancy test. Nodoka rushed home to take the test and sure enough it came back positive. Nodoka couldn't believe it, she was pregnant with Tony's baby! She decided that she should go to the doctor just to get a confirmation and to find out how far along she was.

The doctor confirmed that she was indeed pregnant and that she was three months along. Nodoka was so happy, she decided right then and there to call off the wedding and to get in touch with Tony, he would be so happy.

As she walked down the street in her own little bubble of happiness, she passed by a newstand that had tabloid magazines on display. She looked at the cover and her little bubble burst. There on the cover was Tony Stark with women surrounding him while he made out with one of them.

Nodoka was heart broken, how could he have so easily replaced her? Did he feel nothing for her? Tears began to roll down Nodoka's face as she ran home and locked herself in her room. What was she going to do, what were her parents going to say? What was her fiancé going to do, would he call off the wedding? If he did, her parents would disown her. It would serve her right for getting into this mess. All these thoughts were whirling around in her head, but the one thought that never occurred to her was ending the pregnancy. She could never get rid of the only thing she had left of Tony.

So with a heavy heart she decided to face her fiancé. She got up and drove to the Higurashi shrine, she made her way up the steps, then walked to the house. Nodoka knocked on the door and waited for her fiancé to come out. He came out of the house with a smile on his lips, he bent down and gave Nodoka a kiss on the cheek.

Nodoka gave him a sad smile, "Can we talk?" She asked him as she moved a little bit away from him.

"Sure let's have a seat."

Her fiancé led her over to a bench under the Goshinboku tree. they both sat down. There they sat in silence for a good long while, until finally Nodoka spoke.

"I have some news I have to give you and from there you can decide if you want to marry me or not." Nodoka tells her future husband.

"What is it?" He asked.

"I am pregnant with another man's child." Nodoka tells him looking at him straight in the eyes. She was not going to be ashamed of her child.

"If you don't want to marry me, I'll understand and I will hold no ill will towards you."

Her fiancé sits there for a good long while in silence. He looks at her then at her flat belly then up at the Goshinboku tree. He turns to her with his decision made.

"No we do not have to call off the wedding, I can accept you and your child and I will raise him or her as if they were my own."

Nodoka smile up at him, "You don't have to do that, you know."

"I know, but I want to, we'll just tell everyone that the baby was premature. You and I have suffered enough, both of us have been ripped away from the people that we love, why add to our misery by shaming you and myself."

"Thank you Toshi, I will try to make you as happy as I am able to." Nodoka tells him.