Chapter 22

Chapter 22

I’d be lying if I said that I wasn’t slightly excited about my date with the enemy. Sally had been dropped off at her mum’s house and Hunter was driving lazily, keeping his eyes on the road.

“Where are we going?” I asked. He glanced over at me with a smirk, turning his eyes back to the road.

“You’ll have to wait and see,” he muttered, not sparing me another glance. Marco hadn’t taken being ditched lightly; his text response had been short and sweet. ‘K’. Well, not sweet, but short nonetheless.

“You need to tell me, I could have allergies,” I stated. He chuckled, shaking his head and turning a corner.

“I’m not even going to supply that with an answer.” I rolled my eyes, watching the road ahead but everything was unrecognisable.

“I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again, if you try to rape me, I have pepper spray.” Hunter smirked.

“It’s not rape if you enjoy it,” he replied, winding down the window. I watched the wind run through his hair, making it attack his forehead and the headrest.

“You’re disgusting.” He shrugged, not denying my accusation as he pulled into a car park in front of a stadium.

“Here we are,” he announced, stopping the engine whilst I stared at him in disbelief.

“You’re kidding, right?” he frowned, shaking his head.

“No, why?”

“You haven’t taken a lot of girls out, have you?” I asked and he gave me a smug grin.

“Plenty, thank you.”

“How many of them have you taken out for a second date?” He rolled his bottom lip into his mouth whilst he thought.

“None.” I gestured towards the football stadium.

“Would you like to know why?” he shook his head with a sigh, taping his fingers on the steering wheel.

“Not particularly but I’m sure that you’re going to tell me.”

“You don’t take a girl to a football stadium on a date! You go to a fricken restaurant or something!” I announced. He laughed, getting out of the car and closing the door. I followed suit, leaning on the roof to see him clearly.

“You know, most girls would just be grateful to get a date,” he muttered, taking off towards the stadium.

“I could’ve had a date with coffee and actual food!” I retorted, jogging to keep up with him.

“And with a loser that wouldn’t know fun if it bit him on the ass! And this isn’t a football stadium,” he added, glancing down at me. I frowned, gently grabbing his arm to slow him down a bit. He looked down at my hand and stopped, glancing at me.

“What is it then?” he grinned. The lights were shining dimly on the car park, making his face and large shadow glow.

“You’ll find out when we get inside, as long as don’t spark your allergies,” he replied with a wink, gently taking my hand in his and starting towards the doors. There were loud noises and bangs coming from the walls and I began to feel my stomach flip. Mainly because of Hunter’s hand holding and slight nerves. I had no idea what to expect on the other side of the wall.

“If someone that you don’t want to talk to, talks to you, tell me, okay?” he replied. I nodded, glancing over my shoulder as we walked through the doors.