Chapter 25

Chapter 25

                I took one final swig of the beer before sighing, leaning against Dylan’s shoulder. He chuckled, glancing down in my direction.

                “I don’t think Hunter would be too happy about our close proximity,” he muttered, turning back to the TV. I groaned but didn’t move from my position, I just took another sip from the can.

                “Why would he be bothered?” I scoffed, sitting back up. Dylan gave me an incredulous look.

                “Because he’s pretty much called shotgun on you, Andy,” he retorted as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

                “No, he pretty much hasn’t.” Dylan raised an eyebrow, sitting back in the corner of the sofa so that he was looking at me.

                “You’re not together?” I shook my head.

                “No! I don’t even know what we are to be honest,” I admitted, putting the empty can on the floor and facing him Indian style.

                “Friends with benefits?” he offered, stretching his legs out in front of him on the sofa.

                “No, we haven’t slept together.” If Dylan’s eyebrows went any higher, I swear they were going to jump off his head.

                “You haven’t slept together?” I rolled my eyes.

                “I just said that.”

                “Yeah, but Hunter sleeps with everyone!” he exclaimed. I chuckled, eyeing him suspiciously.

                “So, how was your time together? Was he big enough for your liking?” I asked. Dylan narrowed his eyes, picking up a pillow from behind him and lobbing it at my head. After not so skilfully dodging, I threw it on the floor.

                “I meant females,” he added. I smirked, leaning back in the seat.

                We were sitting in a comfortable silence for about five peaceful minutes before Dylan broke it, clearing his throat.

                “Do you like him?” I looked over in a slight surprise.

                “Like who?” I asked, attempting innocence.

                “You know who, stop playing stupid,” he breathed out, curiosity etched into his face.

                “I don’t even know, I think I do, but I’m not even going there so shut up and watch the film.” I nodded towards the TV. Dylan just laughed, twisting so that he could watch the film. I was yet to ask Hunter what was going on between us, I planned to pop it into the conversation causally but I didn’t know how to do that yet.

                “I’m going out with Maya this weekend,” Dylan coughed. I stiffened, twisting to look at him in complete and utter shock.

                “Do you have a death wish?!”

                “She’s alright once you get to know her,” he replied but the argument sounded weak. I shook my head, gently placing my hand on his shoulder.

                “Dylan, Dylan, Dylan. You, my friend, have gotten yourself into a little issue,” I sighed out. Dylan narrowed his eyes but he was clearly trying to hide a smile as he pried my hand from my shoulder and placed it into my lap.