Chap 2: Zach

I finish unpacking my bags into one of the drawers that I just saw lying around. I didn't feel the need to organize anything, since I had a strong feeling that I was gonna get sent back to orphanage pretty soon. I casually slam the cabinet shut, flopping onto my bed with the relief of silence.

Since I had plenty of time, I decided to check my phone. I received it as a gift from Mrs. Goodman when I turned thirteen, mostly so she could track me down while I was away. It is no smartphone but at least it's a phone.

I flip my phone open to three new text messages.

From: Hunter
Yo, what are you up to?

From: Hunter
By the way, I'm outside your new house right now. So open the fucking door.

From: Hunter
Screw it, I'm climbing through your window

He better be joking. I swear if he-

My thoughts get interrupted by an intense knock on the window. I remove the curtains to see Hunter on the edge of the balcony. I slide the window open as he crawls in.

"Sick place you got here," Hunter speaks, taking off his jacket and throwing it onto the floor. "Mind if I crash here tonight?"

"Yes, I do,"

"Sweet, I call the bed. I suggest you take the floor or the bathtub since Jax wants the couch," Hunter says, not hearing a word I just said. I hate it when he's like this, why can't he just be considerate for once in his life?

"First of all, what the fuck is Jax doing here? And two, you both need to scurry your little butts out of here," I start.

"How cute," he says, pushing me out of the way, letting Jax in the room.

"Okay, how the hell do you even know my address?" I ask him.

"I just took a little peek at your files once you left," he says like its nothing, opening up a can of beer from his backpack. He tosses one to Jax, as they both light up a cigarette, filling smoke up in the room. You have to got to be kidding me. 

That's it, I had enough of Hunter and his friends' behavior and the way they violate my personal space. "The both of you need to fucking leave."

They both chuckle, thinking I'm just joking around. Ugh. I lose my temper, smashing both of their cigarettes on the floor. I frown. "Get out!" I raise my voice as they both grant my command, climbing out the window, groaning. Finally.

I let out a sigh as I jump back onto my bed.

"Why does it smell like shit in here?" an unfamiliar boy enters the room, pinching his nose while opening a cabinet. How many of them are there?

"Who are you?" I ask curiously as I wave my hand around in the air trying to get rid of the smell.

"Zach," he says in a rude tone, slamming the drawer abruptly. "Ugh, what'd do with my stuff?" he huffs.

"How should I know? It's your belonging," I roll my eyes.

"Wow, you really are useless. Jonah, where the fuck did you place my things?" he yells. Soon Jonah enters the room.

"Don't cuss in front of her Zach," Jonah says.

"She probably already gotten used to it."

Jonah shakes his head. "They're in our room," he changes the subject which I'm quite grateful for.

"Okay, but why are they sitting in there?" he asks, arms crossed.

"Because you're sleeping in there now,"

"What? You gave her my room? Without even asking me?" he says furiously.

"Well it's either that or the living room," Jonah speaks.

Zach growls, storming out the room.

"Don't mind him, he's just going through a difficult stage in his life right now," he says, before leaving the room. As time passes, Corbyn calls me down for lunch but I denied him for several reasons. I told him I wasn't hungry and that I'll come down for dinner later on. Until then, I took a long shower and washed my hair. I put on some clean clothes and lay on my bed until I was called upon. After dinner, I quickly creep my way up to my room and fall asleep by the city lights.