Chap 15: Talk

Kristen Pov

Kristen Pov

"Finally done," Daniel sighs, falling onto the chair next to me. "You know, you could've helped. It would've speed things up."

I let out a laugh, "Who do you think I am?"

"Yeah, dude, you should know better," Jack says, putting on some sun screen.

"And what's your excuse?" Daniel furrows his brows.

"I'm clearly busy, right Kristen? Tell him,"

I slide my sunglasses to the top of my head and let them sit in the sun. "Sure, why not," I smile, looking at the ocean to see Zach jumping onto Jonah's back with Corbyn behind splashing water at them. The feeling from before makes it way back to my stomach.

I clear my throat, "Hey, is it okay if talk to you guys about something kind of personal."

"Um-why are you even asking? Tell me!" Jack spills, scouting his chair closer, as well as Daniel. The thing about these two is that they're great listeners but stink at keeping secrets to themselves. I learned that the hard way. "Hurry up, I'm losing my patiences,"

"Okay, okay, someone ate too much dessert at the diner,"

"You think?" Daniel mocks my saying.

My lip quivers and I respond by biting on it with my front teeth. "Speaking of the diner, I-I-uh-heard some surprising yet brutal information on my way out." I stutter through each word.

"Which is?" Jack questions, looking at me with worried eyes.

"Um-a few months or weeks ago I think, Zach and Alice went on a mystery date and kept the whole thing classified."

Jack scoffs, "Well that is what a mystery date defines,"

I slowly roll my head to face Jack and glare at him in disgust, "Anyways," I say bitterly like nails on a chalkboard. "I don't understand why they didn't inform me about this. What did they think I would do? Flip out and run away."

"Yeah, that seems about right," Jack replies and I throw my hands up in the air giving a shocking expression. "You did it once, you can do it again," he explains.

I admit that did happen in the past, but cut me some slack, I was fifteen. And I had major mood swings issues every once in awhile.

"Well, what do you think Daniel?" I ask. He's been sitting quietly on his chair since I've mentioned Alice's name. Weird. "Daniel?" He didn't move a muscle.

"Dude, are you alright? Your face is redder than a tomato right now man," Jack asks, giving a slight push in the arm. "Daniel," he snaps his fingers multiple times near his face.

"Huh? Sorry, what?"

I roll my eyes, "Just ask the girl out already. It's been almost six years and it's scary how Zach snatched her before you did."

Ever since Daniel met Alice at his concert, he had feelings for her up to this day, but never had the courage to admit it.

"She has a point. You gotta man up and ask her,"

"I would but apparently she's taken," Daniel says louder than expected. "Let's just go back to the topic before,"

"Still Alice. Come on, from what I know, I guarantee she's single." I smile, attempting to give him some self confidence, "Now suck it up and talk to her,"

He raises an eyebrow, "But I thought you were mad at her, now you want me to confront my feelings to the same person?"

I shrug, "We'll finish that other conversation later. For now, let's focus on this."

"I don't know, don't you think it's too soon?"

"I'm sorry is six years not enough for you?" Jack asks, scratching his head.

I try my best to hold in a laugh. As Jack and I are about to discuss about ideas, Alice stops by. Her hair is insanely soaked and is dripping all over the blankets. "Can you hand me a towel?" She asks Daniel.

"Uh-yeah," He stammers, tossing one over.

"Thanks, what are you guys talking about?" Alice questions while taking a free spot that conveniently happens to be next to Daniel.

"Nothing important," Jack lies, "Poker anyone?"

"Yeah, sure,"