Chap 21: Text Convo

It's been a week and I have very little time left to decide. I would go ask the guys, but they're gonna give me a sappy response like "listen to your heart". And there's no use in that for my decision because I'm that stubborn and heartless. I've skipped a bunch of meals since I wasn't in the mood. How could I eat deciding between staying in Los Angeles with my family and friends or leave for an amazing opportunity? Nothing cheered me up beside from drawing some new sketches. I personally never thought drawing something silly as this could possibly have that positive of an outcome.

I hear a knock on the door which interrupted my thoughts sketch. "It's open, like always." In coming through the door was Zach. He had on a worried look. "What's wrong?" I ask, still making eye contact with the paper.

"Actually I was gonna ask you that. What's going on? You're skipping breakfast, lunch, and dinner a lot now. Are you alright? Cause the Kristen I know loves the smell of lasagna and bags of Hot Cheetos."

"Relax, I'm fine. I've just been caught up in making new designs. That's all." I lie, forcing a small to appear.

"Oh, well, alright. Glad to know you're okay. Mind if I take a look at them?" Zach questions and I nod, handing him my sketchpad filled with tons of different designs. He briefly skims through the pages, nodding his head at each one. Which I hope is because of amazement. "You have some real talent. Ever considered doing it for a living?"

The question made me jump. For a second he made me believed like he knew about the offer. I shrug in response. "I don't know? Would you guys support on my decisions if I thought about it?" I kept my question short and not too obvious. 

"Yeah, why wouldn't we? I heard there was an opening for interns in New York for some famous fashion designer. You should submit something, I guarantee they'll accept you." he said confidently. I truly thought he would put up more of a fight like it's going to be difficult or whatever and blah blah blah. "Anyways, why don't you wrap up what you're working on and meet us downstairs for dinner."

I wait for Zach to close the door before taking out my phone to text Connor. I sent a whole paragraph about how I've made my choice. I'm accepting it. I mean I was sure about this whole internship since the beginning, it's the family members I have to leave behind had me second doubt about the whole situation. But now I know I have their consent and that they're proud.

From: Connor
So you're really leaving?

From: Kristen
I guess so.

From: Connor
K

K? K!?! Just a few days ago he was all happy and excited that I got in and now I feel as if regrets the whole entire thing.

From: Kristen
Are you okay?

From: Connor
I'm great. Why you asking?

From: Kristen
I don't know. You just sound different.

From: Connor
Is that such a bad thing?

Right before I could send back a messages, he sends me an unexpected text. It was a whole paragraph. How did he write it all so quickly? He must've copied and and pasted cause there's no way he wrote it all in like five seconds.

From: Connor
Hey, you're probably very busy right now, but I'm gonna go out and say it. First off, you got the internship! I told you would make it! I'm so proud of you! And-um-wow-this is really hard to say. Ever since we last hung out, I can't seem to stop thinking about you. I kinda wish we didn't get interrupted back there, but you know things happen. I know this seems all quite sudden, but-um-would you maybe want to go out with me?

My eyes widen, he wrote this at least a few weeks ago. I don't know what to say. Why would he just randomly send this out of nowhere?

From: Kristen
Um...

From: Connor
What?

From: Connor
Oh shit. Sorry, I didn't mean to do that. I left my phone in my pocket and it must've sent on accident.

From: Kristen
But is what you said true? Connor, tell me the truth.

From: Connor
Fine, yes. I do have feelings for you, but it's not like it matters. You're going off to New York and I know you don't feel the same way. There's someone else.

My eyes widen once again. How is he getting all of this information.

From: Kristen
What are you talking about?

From: Connor
Kristen, I know you have feelings for someone. I can tell by how you're always secretive when it comes to talking about you how feel. Especially when it's about relationship. I just always thought it was me, but now I know it's not.

I didn't reply, and I wasn't planning to any time soon. What was I suppose to say? He clearly ranted it all. I knew how I feel towards Connor and Zach but I just didn't want to admit it.

From: Connor
By the way, here's my sister number. ***-***-****. Feel free to give her a call if you have any questions. Good luck in New York, I know you'll do great.

Just like that, I turned off my phone tossing it aside. I sigh, getting off my bed to head downstairs to eat dinner. I don't even know how I survived not eating food for so long, my stomach is growling louder than a lion.