Chap 21: Girl Meets Friendship

Kristen's Pov

Kristen's Pov

Days have passed since I have returned to Los Angeles. I haven't spoken to Zach or anyone besides Alice and Daniel. Those two have been together non stop. It is cute, but at the same time it annoys the crap out of me.

Next to me, on the couch, is Alice and Daniel snuggled up together watching that popular Netflix movie. I believe it is called To All The Boys I've Loved Before. I feel a bit like a third wheel but it is not like I got something better to do.

Out of nowhere, Daniel plants his lips on Alice's. "I am out," I raise my hands up in the arm and exit up to my room. Rubbing my eyeballs, Zach's coat sat on my dresser. Maybe it is time to return it. It's almost been a month. I take out an old hoodie from my closet and place it over my body. "Bye guys."

"Where are you going?" Alice asks.

"Nothing important," I reply back. I start up my car and off I went.

I walk up nervously to the front door, debating if I should knock or not. I bite down hard on my bottom lip. After matters of minutes, I manage to bring my hand to the doorbell but the door was faster and it swings right open. "Kristen? What are you doing here?" Zach asks.

I hold up his coat and remain silent. The side of my stomach aches. "I should get going."

"Wait," Zach calls back. "Why don't you stay for a bit? Well unless you're busy."

"Uh-sure," I said confusedly. The living room looks different. In fact, it didn't look familiar at all.

"Want something to drink?" Zach asks and I shake my head. I take a seat on the couch, disgusted by the warmth of it. "So."

I wait for a brief moment. "So what?"

"I don't know. Wanna-uh-take a walk around the pool?"

"Sure," I force a smile. Maybe I made a mistake in coming here. This is the most awkward thing I've encountered. Now that's a lie. I was now sitting down on a lawn chair and many thoughts filled my brain. I really hated that pool party.

"Mind if we talk?"

"Go ahead," I say, motioning him to continue.

"From what you heard two weeks ago, I'm still really-"

"I told you Zach that I accept your apology," I respond.

"Kristen, I know you. I know when you're mad, I know when you're furious, and I know you hold onto grudges. So can you please just talk to me instead of holding it in. Please," Zach says.

I suck on my tongue before replying. "It's hard, alright. It's hard to put up a straight face everyday knowing my two best friends think I'm weak."

"What are you talking about?"

"There's a reason why you didn't tell me Zach, and it's because you thought I would overreact. And murder the crap out of someone," I say harshly.

"Well, can you really blame us?"

I sigh, "Yeah, you do have a point there. But overall I'm fine with the idea of you two together even if it's happening in the present. But I can't deny the feeling that it is odd and it's gonna take time to get use to."

"Yeah, I understand. Just know only I did it because I cared."

"I know. Your heart is set in the right place." I smile at him. "It just gives me a weird vibe when we're all together, you know? That's all that plays in my head."

"I know, I know and I'm not asking for a lot. Just for us to go back to normal. As friends?" Zach asks shyly and I nod firmly.

"Sure," I say, actually meaning it.

He takes a breath, engulfing me into a hug. It didn't feel awkward but it didn't feel natural either. It was like the first time we ever met all over again.

"Wanna grab a bite to eat?" He questions.

"Yeah, sure. What do you have in mind?"

He shrugs. "I don't know. Maybe just drive around until something catches my eye I guess."

"Works for me."

I didn't actually believe that since he always an idea for food but who knew I was wrong. We stopped by In and Out and I was assigned to find an empty booth. It's impossible but luckily a family got up.

I take out my phone and wait for Zach to come back "Hi, excuse me, is this seat taken?" A woman asks me.

"Oh, no. Go ahead-" I cut myself short. My jaw drops and the wind is blown right out of me. I don't believe it. "What are you doing here?"

"Wow, not much of a conversational starter are you?" My mom asks.

I scoff. "Can you answer my question?"

"I came to Los Angeles to redeem myself in front of my daughter. Just didn't think that would happen in front of In and Out."

"Huh? Now why did you exactly come here?" I question.

"Fine. I came to visit your brother after an unexpected incident a week ago."

My jaw drops once more. "I-I have a brother?"

"Well, half brother," She says.

"Who is he?" I blurt out.

"He goes by the name Jonah Marais."