Chap 16: Truth Or Dare

Zach's Pov

Zach's Pov

The sun came to its point where the sky fades black and the stars come rushing out. The sight is indescribable. I have many words in the back of my head, but I couldn't piece them together to form a sentence. We didn't plan on staying this long, but we lost track of time. Jonah and Corbyn went out searching for the closest take-out restaurant.

Back at the beach, the remaining five of us helped set up the firepit. Luckily, the beach took care of the difficult tasks. We just had to light it up. By the time, Corbyn and Jonah come back with the food, the fire is already losing its might.

"What's the point of this if we're not roasting anything," Jack asks.

"No idea, you guys set it up. You tell me," Jonah laughs, "Good thing we bought the materials for smores."

"I call dibs on the biggest marshmallow!" Jack shouts, jumping out of his seat.

Kristen takes a stand as well and looks him dead in the eye. "Not if I get to it first," she grins cruelly. They both stare deep into each other souls for what felt like an eternity. Hard to believe that I lived with both of them.

"You both need to relax," Jonah chimes in, "Cause I got it first! You're welcome."

As exciting as watching each other's marshmallow burn in flames, the night just felt bare. It's missing something. "You know, this kind of reminds me of the scene in Camp Rock Two where everyone is gathered around the fire. Well, minus the singing," Daniel announces.

That was it. I take out my phone and play some songs from the Camp Rock soundtrack. The sound of guitars escapes out of my phone as we bob our head and feet to the rhythm. "So let's sing na na na na na, hey ya," the phone sings.

"Come on let's sing na na na na na, hey ya," Jack starts. We all stand up and begin singing and dancing along. It brought back many teenage memories.

"This is our song that's all that matters cause we all belong right here together. There's nothing better than singing along. This is our summer and this is our song," We all chant in harmony. The song comes to an end and another Disney song comes on.

After a half of an hour of jamming out to our old jams, Corbyn requested to play Truth or Dare. I don't know why he still likes that game. I grew out of it years ago mostly because it did me no justice in life. "Truth or Dare, Zach."

"Uh-truth," I say.

"You're lame. What's the most embarrassing picture on your phone?" He asks.

"Probably a picture of you," I joke as he puts his hand over his chest clearly offended. "Um-okay, Jonah truth or dare?"

He shrugs his shoulder, "I'll go with a dare."

"Okay, curse like a sailor for twenty seconds," I laugh, along with a few peers.

"Ay, who started all tis racket?" Jonah shouts at the top of his lungs, "Holy shit, these whore stink. Leave 'em for a week and they smell like a fish after a week," He spits on the sand, face scrunched, and fingers pinching his nose. "I ain't gettin' no pay fer dirty wenches. Ya best get yer back into it!"

Surprisingly, I was impressed. Never thought he would pull that off. "Kristen, truth or dare?" Jonah asks.

"I'm kind of lazy to stand up, so truth."

"Who here has the nicest butt?" He chuckles.

"Definitely you," She says, her eyes trailing off to her phone. "Alright, Daniel, truth or dare?"

"D-dare?"

She furrows her brows, "Seduce the person to your left."

Daniel doesn't respond and shyly tucks a strand of a hair behind her ear. "Okay, there we go. That counts. Alice, truth or dare?" He claps his hands together.

"Um-truth?"

"Do you have feelings for Zach?" Daniel blurts out of nowhere. My eyes widen at his sudden question. I look over at Kristen to see her giving herself a facepalm and shaking her head. Does she know? How? When?

Alice sits there amazed at the question, "Um-no."

"So the date means nothing to you?" Daniel asks to clarify. How does he know about that? Forget that, now Kristen knows. I stand up from my chair, so does Alice.

"It wasn't a date," Alice tells him before turning her attention to Kristen, "Kristen, it wasn't a date, I swear. Back me up, Zach."

Kristen doesn't look shocked or like she wanted to punch me, in fact, she didn't show any sign of emotion. "Wait a minute, you went on a date with Zach and Jonah?" She finally speaks up.

Daniel was the first to react. "Wait what?"

"What are you talking about?" Alice questions.

"The other day I went out to retrieve my eyelash curler that you left and someone happened to leave their coat behind."

"Oh, that's where my coat went?" Jonah cuts in.

Kristen stares at Alice in confusion, "So it did happen?"

"No, it was a double date my friend set up that for some reason ended up being with Zach. Nothing happened with Jonah, he was just kind of there. And before you get all worked up Daniel, nothing happened with Zach either. So I suggest to chill it out this round. Kristen, you have to trust me on this-"

"I'm not mad."

"You're-you're-you're not?" Alice says in shock.

"Jeez, you're not making this any easier. Well, I am a bit upset about the fact that you kept this from me, but other than that, I'm fine."

"Really!" Alice smiles.

"Really?" I repeat in a form of a question.

"Really?" Everyone else asks, following behind.

Kristen sighs and nods her head, "Yeah, I mean, we're not together, so do I really have a reason to be mad?" She shrugs, "I'll support-whatever this is."

"Oh, thank the lord," Alice says, placing her hand over her chest.

"Well unless you two are hiding something else behind my back then we should be good," Kristen smiles, taking a sip of her drink.

I bite my lip to hold in the words that I want to burst right out of me. "There's more to what happened than that date," I couldn't help it, these words have been burning in the back of head since Alice and Kristen became friends.

"What?" Kristen questions. I could feel Alice's anger written all over her face. But it didn't matter at this point.

"Remember that time when you ran away and I found you sitting in a neighboring town. The time where we had our first ever deep conversation." She nods slowly, "And I told you about the-um-reasons I've been acting like-uh-basically Jonah's impression of a sailor."

"Yeah, you said it was because of a girl-" Kristen trails off looking at Alice and back at me. I know it's not the right time to say this but it feels good to let those words escape my mouth. Her eyes enlarges as her jaw drops. "But-but-what about the-how-how did you-what?"

She takes a second to look at the others but they all turn the other way pretending that they saw a plane. "Well, Truth or Dare definitely took a dark turn," Corbyn says, the man who requested it himself.

"Wow, that was a lot of information to take in in one minute," Kristen at last says aloud a clear sentence, "If you guys excuse me, I think I'm going to take a walk and clear my head. You guys stay here and enjoy yourself. Don't worry about me." She tells us. I didn't know what to say. "Oh, and Jack, I'm walking this time, so this doesn't count."