Chap 11: Drama In the Bahamas (Part 4)

Kristen's Pov

Kristen's Pov

As I walked out of Zach's room, I couldn't help but to feel some type of sensation that I haven't felt in so long. I smile at the feeling, stopping at my door.

"Alice, are you in there?" I yell while knocking on the door multiple times. "Open up."

The door opens. "What happened to your key card and where were you last night? Why is your hair so messy?"

"Just get out of the way so I can take a shower," I snap, walking past her to my luggage to grab a pair of new clothes.

"Hey Kristen?" Alice calls and I look up in response. "When did you get that shirt?" She questions with an eyebrow raised.

I don't know how to reply so I stay silent as I run in the bathroom. At least I didn't say something idiotic to make her more suspicious. The time passes along with my long shower. Alice asks if I want to eat lunch with her downstairs and I agree, figuring I have nothing else in mind.

I feel too lazy to blow dry my hair fully so I put it into some basic braids. I hate how the weather here is hotter than Los Angeles. If anything, wearing shorts makes it worse. I put on the t-shirt from before and black gym shorts. Personally, I never use those shorts for athletic purposes, but it does look nice.

"You ready?" Alice asks me and I nod.

We make our way down to the cafe, passing the annoying elevators system. "Two please," I tell the lady behind the podium.

"Would you like a booth or a table?"

"Booth please," She smiles leading us to a free spot deep in the restaurant.

"A waiter will stop by soon to take your orders, enjoy."

I search through the menu. What am I craving for? "What are you ordering-" I stop myself when I see Corbyn and Jack waving directly at me. "I'll be right back," I say, heading to their table.

"I haven't seen you in so long!" Jonah weeps into my shoulder.

"We just video chatted last week," I mention, patting him on the shoulder.

"It's not the same," Jonah replies.

"Why don't you sit down with us? There's a bunch of empty seats anyways. And you can invite Alice." Corbyn tells me.

I shrug, "I don't know, I don't want to bother you guys."

"Oh, come on. It's been forever since we've seen you in person. Tell us all about what we've missed out on." Jack nudges me on the arm giving me that signature smile of his.

I let a small laugh escape my mouth, "Alright, let me get Alice." Before I even turned around Alice was already sitting on one of the free chairs. "Okay then," I say, taking a seat next to Jack. We exchanged our stories to each other except mine aren't that interesting.

"I can't believe you didn't tell us that you were going to be here. We could've planned something fun to do," Jonah says.

"Thank goodness I didn't," I joke. Soon the waiter comes over and places down our plates. Jack ordered a good looking Italian dish that looks like it has over four layers of cheese. My stomach growls just from looking at it. He makes me regret having a hamburger.

He notices me staring and laughs. "Want some?"

"Is it that obvious?" I say stabbing a fork scooping up what I'm guessing are noodles.

"Do you like it?" Jack asks.

"Mhm," I mumble with a mouthful of food. Not only is he good at cooking but he is the master of taste buds. I swallow it down with one bite and realize that Daniel and Zach are missing. I wonder what are they doing?

"Hey guys, sorry we're late. Zach took forever to do his hair," Daniel enters the room without a warning. "Kristen!" He shouts, coming over to give a warm hug. "I didn't know you were going to be here."

"To be honest, neither did I?" We both share a laugh as he sits down next to Alice. Like the children Jack and I are, we giggle and scream an "Oohh" It's hard to believe that I'm old enough to drink.

"Where's Zach?" Corbyn asks and Daniel says that he's coming down soon after his shower. It's been twenty minutes and there's still no sign of him. At this point I don't know if it's a bad or good thing.

  All I could think about right now is about last night. It was a bad idea to visit the bar. I hope I didn't saying anything that caught him off guard. Is that why he's not here right now, to avoid me? But he doesn't know I'm here in the first place so that can't be it.

"Are you okay Kristen? You look a bit pale."

I rub my face tensely, "Yeah, just recovering from a bad hangover."

"Can I ask you something?" Jack asks and I nod my head, "Does this have to do with Zach?" My jaw drops. How? How does Jack know about that?

"What are you talking about it?" I try to play it off. My acting must suck since he's looking at me like he doesn't buy it.

He chuckles, "You're wearing his shirt."

I look down and bite my tongue. "Umm," I say repeatedly while putting on a hoodie. "What t shirt?"

"Really?" He says with frown. "Hey Zach."

"What?" I say in confusion, turning my body to face Zach himself. He sits down next to me and delivers a graceful smile.

"Oohh," Jack smirks as I give myself a facepalm. Why did I choose to sit down next to him? This is going to be a long and uncomfortable lunch gathering.