Chap 6: Mystery Girl

Zach's Pov

Zach's Pov

"Five minutes people! Let's go!" Our manager calls from the living room. The floor right beneath my bedroom. Especially with these thin walls, the noise can travel up to about hundreds of feet. With the luggage in my hands, I stumble down the stairs and into the car. I slept through most of the ride, the only thing I recall of is stepping onto the plane. Then everything else was a blur.

We arrived at the hotel in the mid-afternoon. Our manager checks in for the room keys and comes back with some bad news. "Unfortunately we booked this concert so late, we can only get ahold of one suite and a one-bedroom. So three of you can share the suite while the other two can share the one-bedroom," he says all in one breath. Him knowing how we are when it comes to sharing, he ran to the elevators with his bags and key.

"I say the oldest should take the suite," Jonah says, nudging Corbyn on the arm.

"Why not the youngest?" Jack insists and I smile along.

"Either way I get the suite," Daniel says, standing back.

I sigh, "How do we settle this?"

"First three to the room?" Corbyn suggests. We all shake our heads in disgust. From that eight-hour plane ride here, I'm not really in the mood to run a marathon. "Fair enough, I'm exhausted too anyways."

"How about an old game of Roshambo?" Jack says.

"Sure," we all say in sync. I suck at this game, but I much rather have thirty-three percent chance of winning than having to run across the hallways. I raise my hand above my left hand in a ready position waiting for Jack to call it.

"Rock, paper, scissors, shoot!" He calls. Daniel holds up a rock while the four of us laugh wildly.

"You have got to stop picking rock. No one is going to fall for it." Jonah pats him on the back, before turning back to us. After a few rounds, I've lost in defeat from using Daniel's tactics. Lesson learned.

We have a pretty tight schedule today. There are rehearsals in about less than an hour and Jack wants to explore every sight here before leaving. Daniel and I head up to our room to enjoy much as television as we can. "I'm gonna grab some ice from the machine," I say.

"Okay, leave the door unlock so I don't have to open it."

"Got it."

I grab the bucket. Bad mistake to be walking and opening a plastic bag at the same time. Or I'm just bad with plastic bags. "Oh, great-" I cut myself short, seeing a brunette walking down the hallway. I'm not exactly sure what I was doing, but I dropped everything and ran down the halls. I reached the end and she was gone. Out of thin air.

I exhale sadly, running a hand through my messy hair. I turn around to head back to my room, but there she was, about to enter an elevator. "Wait!" I yell loud enough for her to hear as I ran as fast as my feet can take me. She notices my call and turns her body halfway. She looked familiar, but it wasn't enough for me to identify who it was.

Before I could reach the mysterious figure, the door close shut. "Zach, Zach, Zach," I hear someone say from every direction. It was getting louder and louder.

"What? What?" I scream with my eyes open, snapping back to reality. I got a few glares from the people around but I didn't care. "What happened?" I ask Jack who was sitting next to me.

"I'm guessing you had a bad dream?" Jack questions, handing me my backpack. "What was it about?"

"I don't know, some girl. I didn't get a good picture of her because someone woke me up." I say in a harsher and louder tone.

"If I didn't, you probably would've been mistaken as a carry-on."

I rub my eyes tensely. "Thanks. When will we land?"

"Two hours I think. Besides from that, our manager got some bad news. He only booked us a suite and a one-bedroom."

I shake my head. This can't be happening. "Okay, and you want me to share with Daniel?"

"How'd you know Daniel lost the bet?" Jack asks.

"Oh-uh...I overheard you guys when I was sleeping." I say, hoping that sounds believable.

"But we were texting."

Shit, I struggle coming up with another lie. "You celebrated your victory and Daniel's defeat way too loudly?" I say more like a question than a statement.

He first looks at me with a raised eyebrow. Jack knew something was up, but he let it go. Thankfully. "Alright then. But I'm gonna assume that you'll volunteer to share with Daniel?" he says.

I roll my eyes. "Sure, whatever." My brain hurts. I need to know who that girl is, it's driving me completely insane. What am I saying? I can't be falling for a girl who may or not be real? Can I?