Chap 18: The One With The Bartender

Zach's Pov

Zach's Pov

I was worried about Kristen. Last time she went off on her own, I found her in the hallways drunk. "I'm gonna get going too. It's getting pretty late."

"Alright, see you man," Jack says, patting me on the back.

Walking through crowds of people, Kristen is still nowhere to be found. Where could she be at this time of the day? I wander across a bar and notice somebody familiar. I walk in.

"I got to go," Kristen says to a woman, crashing into me. "Sorry, Zach? How did you know I was in here?" Her eyes meet with mine.

"I didn't."

"Now who might this be?" The woman Kristen is talking to grins. "Single?" She asks.

I furrow my brows, "Um-I really don't know how to answer that question."

"Ah, so you're one of those. It's alright, I like that type," she growls, brushing a finger up and down my cheek.

A gag left Kristen's mouth, "Really?" Kristen snaps.

"Why? Is he your boyfriend or something?"

I glare at her and back at Kristen.

"It's-It's-whatever it's just weird."

"How is it weird?" The woman questions.

"Because I still-" Kristen starts, "Forget it, do whatever you want. Good luck buddy," she says, patting me on the chest before exiting the bar.

What did I just walk in on? I chase her down and grab her by the arm. "Kristen, can we please just talk? Give me five minutes, that's all I'm asking for."

She bites her lip, "Fine."

"I'm sorry for keeping all that stuff behind your back. In my defense, I was going to tell you but then-"

"Zach," she cuts me off, "Like I said before, I'm not mad. I know none of you guys believe me but that's how I truly feel. So it's up to you if you trust me or not. Also, if you came to patch things up with me, don't bother. I accept all your apologies but right now I just need some time to myself."

I stare at her confused, "Did something happen in there?"

She shrugs her shoulders, "Let's just agree on that today isn't our day. Thanks for checking up on me but I seriously just want to be alone."

With that, she walked off. A part of me says to run after her, but I know it's for the best that she deserves some time alone.

I head up the elevators and unlock the door with my hotel key. "So how did it go?"

"What are you talking about?" I ask.

"I think we both know Zach," he smirks, turning off the tv. "Is Kristen alright?"

"Yeah," I lie.

"What happened?"

"Nothing. She just told me she wanted some time alone." I say, taking off my hoodie.

"That's it? I waited for twenty minutes just to hear that?"

I shake my head, "Well what did you expect? She generally seems upset and it's not like it's the end of the world. We both live in Los Angeles still."

"That's true."

"What about you? How are you holding up?" I ask, checking up on Daniel. I've never seen him that pissed at me or anyone before so it's for the best if I asked.

"I'm fine dude."

I sigh, "Don't you think it's time Daniel? It's been years. A turtle could've asked out Alice before you."

He rolls his eyes, "Fine, say I did. What am I suppose to do? Just walk up to her and admit my feelings?"

"Normally I would agree with that but this is Alice we're talking about. So unless she's head over heels for you I suggest thinking out of the box."

He looks around the room and spots his guitar laying on the floor. "I could write a song."

"Been there, done that," I say, "Plus, we leave tomorrow."

Daniel groans, "What about the songs we already wrote?"

"That could work but which one?" I ask.

"I don't know, Nobody Gotta Know?"

I shake my head, "Doesn't really match the mood."

"Taking you?" He says another request.

"On the guitar?"

"Well what other options do I have? You took most of them to sing to Kristen."

I run my index and thumb on my chin long and hard. "I got it."