Chap 12: Drama In The Bahamas (Part 5)

Zach's Pov

Zach's Pov

"Your lasagna, Sir," A waitress says, sliding the plate in front of me.

"Thank you," I smile back in return. The second my dish arrived, my stomach begins to rumble gaudily. I slowly but yet hastily savored the taste before devouring it down. Ten minutes from now, I felt the complete opposite from when I started. A few groans left my mouth as I used a free hand to pat my filled stomach.

At the corner of my eye, I manage to grasp an image of Kristen staring. She looks different from this morning or any other morning. Her hair is up in braids, something I've never seen before. They look cute on her. I covered my mouth to hide a smile from the fact that she's wearing the shirt I lent.

"What?" Kristen questions, snapping me out of my thoughts. I shrug my shoulders, biting down on my tongue to hold in my mirth. She raises an eyebrow and faces the other direction to talk to Jack. Kristen was always the closest to him when it comes down to the five of us.

I shake my head, unlocking my phone to act as if I'm occupied with something. "Zach," Someone rambles through the roaring crowd. My head shoots up in a flash and everyone was busy filming each other for social media except for Kristen.

She was just picking stuff out of her nails. I scratch my head in confusion as my friends rise from their chairs. I do the same. "Hey Zach, mind if we talk in private?" A voice asks, also known as Alice.

"Yeah, sure." We stay behind and wait for the last person to exit out the door. "So, what's going on?"

"Actually, I'm suppose to ask you that," Alice confesses. I'm lost. "What exactly happened last night Zach?"

"What are you talking about?"

She lets out a laugh and and stacks her hand on my shoulder. "Kristen wasn't in our room last night, which is odd because where else would she sleep. And conveniently, you missed a show this morning."

I burry my head into my hoodie, "For starters, Kristen could've went with Jack, Daniel, Jonah, or Corbyn."

"Fine, then explain the t-shirt,"

I roll my eyes and cross my arms, "I don't know, maybe she just enjoys wearing baggy black t-shirts. Who knows? Also, for your information, I wasn't late because of Kristen. I just overslept and forgot to turn on my alarm."

"Why?"

"Because I was busy helping Kris-" I pause in an instant, "Kris-Kris-Kris Jenner."

"Wait, really?"

My face twists into a grimace, "No!"

"I don't know, your famous. That story can be partially true." Alice shrugs it off, "Did anything happen that I should be concerned about?"

"Uh, no. Nothing happened. I just found Kristen roaming in the halls drunk and you weren't there, so I brought her in my room."

"Just you two?" I nod in response, "I don't know if I can trust you. I mean, you and a drunk Kristen in a hotel room by yourself. Connect the dots," Alice replies and I roll my eyes the tenth time today.

"Well, then read my lips. Nothing happened," I mouth out the last part. "And nothing is going to happen. Not when I still feel guilty about not telling Kristen about the-" I take a brief scan around to make sure no one is around. "The date thing. Why can't we just tell her?" I loudly whisper.

"How many times do I have to repeat myself? I don't want her to get mad when nothing happened that night," She says in a stern voice.

"Oh look, you do know what nothing happened means? Who knew?" I joke.

She slaps my arm firmly, "I'm serious. Plus, you agreed not to tell her. Remember?" I nod my head and look out in the distance. "Good. Also, let's never bring up this topic ever again."

I sigh, "Alright."

"Okay, now let's get out of here and if anybody asked where we were, let's go with the regular excuse. Bathroom."

"Got it," I reply, taking a stand. Then I notice a dark shiny object sitting on the table. "Is that your phone?" I ask, picking it up.

"No, since when did I like black phone cases?" She laughs, taking a good look at it for herself and it hits her. "Pretty sure it's Kristen. I'll just give it to her outside."

"Alright," I smile while walking out the restaurant to catch up with the others. There they all stood, near the hotel lobby.