Epilogue: Part 3

Third Person View

Third Person View

After a long day spent at the mall, Zach drops Chloe off at her house before heading back to his own. He parks the car on the driveway and steps out the car with the ring in his hand. He's smiling insanely about the outcome in a few days.

Zach has been thinking non stop about Kristen's reaction. The only thing he fears is Kristen saying no and that the relationship is moving too fast.

He takes another glance at the ring and sighs happily. The door is left unlocked for some odd reason. Zach walks inside, greeted by Jack who's out of breath.

"Are you okay?" Zach asks him.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I've just been pacing back and forth for awhile now waiting for you to come back home," Jack says, breathing heavily.

"Why didn't you just call me?" Zach insisted.

"Because Kristen saw you propose to another girl today and she thought you were cheating on her," Jack spills. "I don't know where she went."

"Did you tell her that it was meant for her and that Chloe is just a friend of mine."

Jack sadly shakes his head. "I did but she won't believe me. I tried calling and texting her but she's not answering me."

"How did she see me? I thought I told Daniel to keep her busy today."

"He apparently brought her gift shopping for Alice's birthday," Jack replies back.

Zach couldn't believe it. He didn't want to. For once in his life, he thought it was complete but now it's shattered into pieces. Zach walks up to his room with his head down.

As the door opens, he notices the room filled with roses and candles. In the middle of the room was Kristen on her knees. Zach walks in closer as Kristen takes his hand in hers.

"Zach, when growing up as a child I never believed in such things as marriage, love, or happy endings. You were the one to change all of that. I never thought that I would be so lucky to find my-find my-" Kristen sobs, pausing halfway through her speech. "Little help here."

"I'm sorry. I'll go." Zach steps in. "Ever since we met, I had always felt some connection between us." A small giggle left Kristen's mouth. "You've seen me at my worst, you've seen me at my best, you've seen me hurt, yet you were always there. What more do I need?" He takes a deep breath, taking the box out of his pocket.

Kristen wipes a few tears that formed near the side of her eyes. "Oh my gosh," she mumbles softly.

"So that just leaves me with one simple question. Kristen, will you marry me?" Zach shoots, popping out the big question.

"Yes," Kristen replies swiftly. They both pull each other into an endless hug. Zach smiles, sliding the ring onto her finger.

"Aww," Jack interrupts from the other side of the door.

"Quit hogging the door!" Jonah complains.

They both share a good laugh, yet still drowned in their puddles of tears. "I love you," Zach says first, getting lost in her eyes.

"I love you too," Kristen repeats back.

*************************************************
Congrats! 🎉🎊🎉 You have made it to the end of the this book! I want to start off by saying the two most common words that people use in these types of author notes. Thank You!!! Thank you for everything, the reads, the votes, the comments. Literally EVERYTHING! I had a blast writing this book and I hope you all enjoyed reading this! I apologize for such a cliche and cheesy ending, but what do you expect from an author like me?

Once again, thank you all so flipping much. I never thought I would achieve such success with this book, but it looks like I proved myself wrong. I'm still shaking from the thought that this book is completed. Take care guys/gals! I love you all!!!