Chap 3: Jake Vs Jesse

Kristen's Pov

Kristen's Pov

"Screw you Jake!" I say in a tone louder than usual, throwing popcorn at the T.V. Alice is going to kill me if she sees grease all over the screen. She's such a neat freak. I would go over and clean up my mess but I'm in the middle of watching season 3 of Hannah Montana. "No!!!"

"What's wrong?" Alice walks in putting away her black heels in the closet before joining me on the couch. "What are we watching?"

I frown, "Miley choosing Jake over Jesse. No offense, but is she like blind?"

"Jake's hot, and plus they end up together in season 4 anyways since Jake cheated on her with some girl."

Even though I know the ending I can't get over this stupid decision. It's like choosing between ice cream and broccoli. It's a no brainer. I pick up the remote and pressed pause. "So tell me everything."

"About what?" she pretends to act clueless.

"Don't be stupid. Tell me what happened!"

"Nothing. It's just a blind date that my friend set up. It's no deal. I probably won't even see him again."

I nod, still suspicious about the way she's acting. Normally Alice would tell me everything, even things I don't want to know. That's just her. Something big must've happened back there for Alice to not spill a word about it. "I see. Who did your friend set you up with?"

"One of her boyfriend's best friend named Brody."

I'm not trying to be judgmental but Brody sounds so fake. She could have at least used a more common name like Travis or David. The beginning was good until she mentioned the name Brody. I can't, it just sounds so fake.

"Got it. How was it overall?" I ask for the thousandth time tonight except this time she actually answers.

"It was average. We had some things in common but I personally don't think that we'll last in that type of relationship, you know?"

"Yeah. Did you have the courage to friend zone him tonight or should I do it over the phone?" I ask, half joking.

She didn't laugh or react at all. She just looked at me straight in the eye with no emotion. This is starting to freak me out. "I already did. We agreed to be friends."

"Oh, well there you go." An uncomfortable silence fills the room. It took nearly minutes for one of us to speak up. "Do you-um-still have my eyelash curler with you?"

"Yeah, it's here in my-" Alice says, searching through her pockets and purse. "What the hell, I swear it's in here. Oh shit, I must've left it at the restaurant."

"It's cool, I'll just pick it up tomorrow in the morning before our flight." I say and she nods in agreement. Alice and I are taking a quick trip to the Bahamas for a grand opening of Valencia's new clothing line and a little fun for the both of us. "Did you pack yet?"

"Nope, I better start now. Give me forty minutes," Alice replies, making her way up the stairs to her bedroom.

"Forty minutes? We're only staying for three nights. How long does it take to pack a couple of shirts and pants?" I yell loud enough for her to hear me.

"What did I just say? Forty minutes!" she yells back. Our neighbors must hate us for this. At least they'll have a break from hearing us for the next five days. I shake my thoughts away before grabbing the remote to resume where I left off from.