Chap 10: Movie Night

"What are you doing?" I ask Jack, sitting crisscrossed on the couch. I'm currently in the living room, watching Jack set up.

"Preparing the movie, you know, you can consider helping too," he recommends, handing me the tv remote.

"You're the one who got me into this mess, so why would I help?" I say quite annoyed, burrowing myself into a soft blanket. "Did you make any popcorn?"

"Yeah, there should be a bowl in the kitchen," he tells me and I nod. I walk in, retrieving it before sitting back down, throwing some in my mouth. A few missed my mouth, instead, it lands on the couch.

A few moments later, the doorbell rings.

"Do you wanna get it?" Jack turns to me.

"Not really."

He groans, running to the front door. Minutes passed before Jack comes walking in with Aspen by his side. "Hey Kristen, Aspen is here,"

"Wow," I fake a smile. "I don't care," I honestly don't know why I have this hatred feeling towards her. Maybe cause she hated my guts since the moment we met. Aspen chooses to ignore which I'm thankful for. "So what are we watching?"

"Juman-"

"We're watching The Duff, right?" Aspen cuts him off.

Oh, gosh

"You guys have such a healthy relationship," I whisper into Jack's ear. At that moment the doorbell rings again. Jack goes and gets it, coming back with Connor. "Hey."

"Hey," Connor replies, taking a seat next to me. "What are we watching?"

"I'm not sure," I reply. To be honest, Jack is most likely gonna lose the argument and we're gonna end up watching The Duff. But it's not like I have any problems with it. "So, popcorn?" I say underneath all the muffling in the back.

"Don't mind if I do," he accepts, chucking a piece of popcorn in his mouth, but fails miserably. I laugh uncontrollably. "Think you can do better?"

"Yeah," I said still laughing. "Anybody can honey," I whisper into his ear. Soon Aspen and Jack come in, announcing that we're watching The Duff. Figured. The movie begins rolling. Thirty minutes in and I'm already bored to death. I finished two bowls of popcorn and a large cup of soda. I have a strong urge to use the bathroom, so I casually take a stand, quickly creeping to the bathroom downstairs. Once I finish, I exit, making my way back. Halfway through, I smell a horrible scent of smoke from outside. Please don't tell me Hunter is smoking out in the backyard. I sigh, before stepping out the sliding doors to find something I thought I would never see. "Zach?" my eyes widen in shock.

"Kristen? Why are you out here?" Zach questions me, pulling the cigarette out of his mouth to speak before putting it back in.

Never would I have ever thought Zach would be the type to smoke. Sure, he seemed obnoxious and rude when I first met him, but something like this just doesn't add up. "I smelled something funny coming from outside, so I thought why not investigate it. Just never knew it was you."

He licks his lower lip, not knowing what to say. Instead, he throws the cigarette on the floor, putting it out. "There, happy?" he throws his hands up, annoyed as he picks it up from the floor.

I furrow my brows, following inside, watching him throw it in a trash bin. "You know, you can stop spying on me now. I put it out and threw it away. So you can go crawling back to your boyfriend and enjoy some lame movie," he huffs, storming up to his room.

I take a moment for myself to reflect on what just happened a second ago. I would go upstairs and talk to him, but from what I noticed since day one is that Zach prefers being alone. And I should respect it.

As I return back to the couch, I gently whisper into Connor's ear. "How much longer of this do we have to watch?"

"About an hour and ten minutes," Connor replies with his eyes glued to the screen. He must be really into this.

"Great," I mumble as I slowly sink myself down on the couch.

Adopted By Why Don't We [Completed]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara