Chap 25: See You Then

The next morning came in a heartbeat. Both of our flights leave early in the morning, causing us all to wake up as early as three in the morning. Knowing that Daniel and Zach takes forever to get the ready, Jonah, Corbyn, Jack, and I waited outside in the car until they were ready.

"I can't believe tour starts tomorrow," Corbyn speaks up. "It's as if we have just released the Invitation EP yesterday."

"Right? Time is passing by so fast." Jonah chimes in. Man, did I want to blurt our the news that I wasn't going on the plane ride with them, but Zach and Daniel are still getting ready. Meaning I couldn't yet, I want them all here together when I tell them.

Jonah and Corbyn continue on to chatter in the front row while I lay back, looking out the window. "Hey, are you okay?" Jack asks me. Out of all five them I would say Jack is the one I'm closes with when it comes to secrets.

Other times I would spill but this is different. I must wait until it's the right time. "Yeah, just a little nervous. It's my first time on a plane."

"Let me tell you, the idea of flying does seem frightening as a first time flyer, but trust me it's not all that bad. I normally listen to some music and drift off to sleep. You should try it, before you know, we're there." He advices, "And plus once tour is over, you'll be so use to flying that it might turn into a habit."

"Good to know." I say with a yawn leaving my mouth. I cuddle myself into a comfortable position, with my head falling slowly onto someone's lap. "Do you mind-"

"Nah, it's cool." Jack informs. Before I knew it we were already outside the airport. "Kristen, we're here." he nudged me softly, causing me to open an eye. I sit back up, rubbing my dreary face. Grabbing my suitcase out the trunk, the six of us went straight to get our tickets.The sign read that New York flight was on the other side of the airport. I guess this is it.

"Um, Kristen, where are you going? The flight is this way." Corbyn points to the other direction.

I exhale, "Not for me though." They all look at me, giving me last hugs. I raise an eyebrow. "What was that for?"

"We know that you've received an internship in New York." Jack speaks up, "We just didn't want to jump to conclusions until you told us yourself. But we didn't think it would take you this long."

"Sorry," I apologize, "How did you find out in the first place?"

"We-um-accidentally read your message from Connor," Daniel stammers, looking in another direction.

"Also I recently got an email saying I bought a one-way ticket to New York." Jonah joins in.

"Oh-um-" I mumble, getting cut off.

"Don't worry, we're all happy for you. Just don't forget to call and message us when you need anything. And remember to call me when your plane lands." Jonah orders as if I were a ten-year-old and pulling me into another last hug. As well as the rest of them before walking through the security. Lastly was Zach, he has been quite quiet for a while. I wonder if he knew since the beginning too?

"So is this it, huh?" he says lowly.

"I guess so, but at least we're not saying goodbye entirely. You're coming to New York in about a month and I'll come back to visit on holidays and breaks."

He sighs, "Yeah, but it's not the same of seeing your face every morning."

I didn't respond until the intercom came on. "Well, I better get going." I start to walk but ended up getting pulled back to Zach's arm. He plants a kiss on my lips one last time before we both walk off doing our own things. At this point, I didn't even mind the people who surrounded us. All I wanted was to experience this one more time. He pulls out a small envelope from his pocket and hands it over. "What's this?"