Chap 9: Brothers

"Stay out of this Connor. You don't want to get involved." Hunter says, pushing him down to the floor.

Connor gets up, grabbing the collar of Hunter's black t-shirt, pinning him to the wall. "You're gonna regret-"

"Connor, it's alright. He's a friend of mine. You can put him down," I cut him off. He sighs, loosening his grip, but not completely. "Is he a friend of yours too?" I ask.

"Hardly. He's my brother."

I raise an eyebrow, not knowing how to respond but laugh. "Woah, I feel worse for you than Jack," I say.

"I'm standing right here. And are you done?" Hunter asks, probably referring to Connor. He nods, feeling bad so he lowers him down. "God, your nails are so fucking long," he huffs, dusting off his wrinkly shirt.

I clear my throat before speaking. "What are you doing here?" I ask Hunter.

"I'm not here for you princess," he spits, laughing. "Mom told me to pick up this punk."

"Did she really?" Connor crosses his arms. "Cause she said she'll pick me up at four."

"Well, change of plans. Now let's go, dickhead," Hunter rolls his eyes, blowing a bubble gum. Connor waves me goodbye and leaves with his annoying brother. On the bright side, now he can't bug me about going swimming anymore. I bring myself up to my room, thinking back to before. Brothers? Really? How did I not see that coming? In my defense, they look nothing alike.

A knock then appears on the other side of the door. "Kristen? You in there?"

"Yeah, what do you want?"

The door opens to reveal Jack and Aspen. Ugh, this day just gets worse and worse. "Hey Kristen,"  Jack says, taking a seat beside me.

"Babe, come on, we're wasting precious time," Aspen urges Jack to wrap this up.

I let out a frustratedly sigh. "Why is she here?" I ask bitterly.

"Stop asking so many question you little bastard. The sooner Jack is done with you, the better," Aspen scoffs, flipping her long hair in my face. I swear is Jack blind? He's definitely blind.

"I'm just gonna pretend like you never said that and carry onto Jack. Jack?" I say, sitting myself up from the bed.

"I set you up on date," Jack says very quickly, like ripping off a bandage.

My jaw drops. I can't believe I almost had my heart stopped, twice, in less than two hours. I bite my lower lip. "I'm giving you exactly five seconds to tell me that you're joking. Five, four, three, two-"

"It's not a prank smart ass," Aspen decides to join in. "It's a real date, something you probably never heard of before. Luckily we're there to supervise you."

I scratch my head, utterly confused about why she used the word "supervise". "So first you set me up on a date. And to make matters worse, you both are going to be there babysitting me?"

They both look at each other and then back at me. "Y-yeah," they say in unison.

"Ugh," I groan, smashing my face into one of the pillows. "Why? Ugh, who'd you set me up with anyways?"

"That nice friend of yours, Connor." Aspen says, licking her lower lips. "He looks so fine, especially for his age."

I cringe in disgust. "I don't want him, take him. He's all yours."

She giggles loudly. "I wish,"

I exchange glares with Jack, and he keeps telling me to ignore it and just be nice. What the hell? She just flirted in front of her date with mine.

I shake my head roughly to get rid of the thought "S-s-so time?" my voice says all shaky.

"Eight thirty sharp, meet us in the living room," Jack instructs before leaving the room with Aspen. Ugh, finally.

Great, thanks to Jack and little miss big mouth, I have to spend my night hanging out with them, and Connor. Ugh!