Chap 8: Drama In The Bahamas (Part 1)

Zach's Pov

Zach's Pov

"Wait!" I yelp, running as fast as possible. But with these legs, I'm not going anywhere. It's like my dream is coming true from earlier. What do I now? From here, Jack woke me up. I look around and saw the door that leads to the flight of stairs. Maybe if I'm quick I can beat the elevator. Just maybe.

Without any hesitation, I rush down the stairs as if it were to grab the last donut on the kitchen table. I quickly catch my breath when I reach the bottom. I made it, just in time too.

I wait and waited until she at last arrived. "Yeah, I get it!" The girl says, sounding a bit annoyed. She looks my way, as our eyes meet. The first time in years. "Zach?"

My heart fluttered, just by hearing her say my name. "Kristen," I say. Within that five minutes, that's all that we said to each other. Pretty pathetic.

Then I felt something vibrate in my hoodie pocket. I hit accept and bring my phone up to my ear. "What?"

"Damn, what's with the attitude?" Jonah says in a hurtful tone.

I exhale in annoyance, "Can we talk later?" I ask, seeing that Kristen is patiently waiting by playing with her fingers.

"Hold on, I just got a quick question. What are you up to that's so important anyway?"

"Is that your question? Cause if it isn't, I suggest you skip to the point." I say.

Kristen quickly mumbles that she needs to get going and before I could reply off she went. I scoff, giving myself a facepalm.

"You alright dude?" Jonah asks from the other side of the phone. I jump a little, forgetting that I was on the phone.

"Yeah, yeah. What was the question?"

He clears his throat before speaking, "Jack wanted to head to the beach and have a bonfire. Wanna come?"

"Nah, I'm good. You guys go without me."

"You sure?"

"Yeah," I reassure Jonah, knowing that he is really protective and hard to sell out. It's like he's our new guardian when our parents aren't around. I went straight back to my hotel room and binged watch Netflix until my eyes came to a point where I couldn't blink.

The clock on the nightstand, near the bed I'm on, said it's a bit over eleven. I'm surprised that Daniel isn't back yet. They must be really enjoying themselves right now.

My stomach rumbles. I pat it up and down, debating if I should order room service or get a sandwich from the bakery downstairs. My stomach quickly responds. Bakery it is.

Down the elevator, I went and into the hotel's 24-hour bakery. "I'll have a grilled cheese and a bottle of water, thanks," I tell the cashier, smashing down on the counter a ten dollar bill as she hands back the change. Once my order was ready, I head back to my room but saw something peculiar roaming the halls.

I squint my eyes, in hope of what I don't think it is. "Alice, you better open this fucking door right now otherwise I'll kick your ass so hard your grandchildren will feel it!" Kristen slurs through each word, laughing.

"Are you alright?" I ask, detecting a heavy odor of alcohol and sweat. Her eyes shine a deep color of red and she could barely keep her balance.

"Huh? You look good in short hair Alice-" she says, collapsing unexpectedly in my hands. How much could she have possibly drunk? I glance at her face, seeing that she's knocked out.

I sigh, carrying Kristen back to my own room since Alice is gone. As Kristen slept peacefully on the bed, I ate my dinner and continued to watch more television. Then something occurred to me. Daniel! He'll be back any minute to find Kristen out cold.

I pull out my phone and sent a text asking if he could bunk with Corbyn or something.

From: Daniel
Sure but why?

To: Daniel
Thanks, buddy, talk to you tomorrow

That went well.