Epilogue

"Alice, come on," I call from the living room, putting on a pair of white sneakers. "We're going to be late." The apartment isn't very big, so there shouldn't be any problem with her hearing me from the front door.

"Okay, okay. I'm coming. And for your information, the concert doesn't even start until six and it's barely five right now." Alice tells me, but I ignore the last part, dragging her out the door to the subway. We wait for the correct train and off it went to the venue. Daniel messaged me to enter through the backdoor to avoid the long line. "It's not even five, how on earth is there already a long ass line."

I shrug, "I don't know, maybe to catch a glimpse of them before the show starts?"

"Wow, not even I'm that committed to food, and you know how much I love food." she starts and I laugh. It's true, Alice has a huge obsession with food, especially with Hot Cheetos. Every night she would cry with hunger, complaining that she's starving.

We passed security and followed the signs until we reached their dressing room. Right when I was about to knock, the door opens. "Agh!" Jack yells, engulfing me in a hug, along with the rest of them. "It's been so long,"

"It's only been a month Jack," I reminded even though it's like the hundredth time I've told him through a screen. Looking back, I see Alice. I almost forgot about her. "Guys, this is my friend Alice, and Alice this is Jack, Zach, Jonah, Corbyn, and lastly Daniel. The one who's stuffing his face with tortilla chips."

"Who me?" Daniel responds in a high pitched voice with a mouthful of chips. He swallows it down and introduces himself to Alice. His cheeks turn red.

"Hah, he's bushing!"Jonah mocks him, earning a punch in the arm from Corbyn.

"Hey! Only I can make fun of Daniel!" Corbyn attacks back.

"Okay, seriously, you need to learn to keep your hands to yourself. Gosh!" Jonah says.

Just then, a pair of arms wraps around my neck. "Hey," Zach whispers in my ear. Exactly two weeks ago, we finally became a thing, and we told the rest of the guys about a week afterward. That's everyone besides from their fans. I love their supporters and all but sometimes they can be a little overprotective and insulting. So all I'm asking for is some time to think about it before coming out to the whole world.

"Hello to you too," I laugh, giving a quick peck.

"Ew, get a room!" Jack shouts, causing me to kick him playfully by the leg. "Ow, now I know how Jonah feels."

"Um, excuse me, you didn't even experience half of it. There's a difference from a playful kick in the knee and a brutal slap in the arm!" Jonah chimes in, sitting next to Jack on the couch, as well as Corbyn. Daniel was still outside talking to Alice. "Aw, how cute. Daniel has a crush!"

"I feel bad for the girl," Corbyn says, scrolling through his feed. The next hour we caught up with each other's lives while Daniel was still attempting to make a move on Alice.

"You're on in five guys," the stage manager alerts, bursting through the doors.

They all get up, following the manager to the center of the stage. "Kristen, can you get Daniel?" Corbyn calls from behind.

"I'm on it!" I yell back as I walk next to Daniel, putting a hand on his shoulders. "Hey, sorry to interrupt this beautiful moment, but you have a performance to attend," I say with a straight face, directing him to the doors with Alice trailing behind. "So what's that all about?"

"Um, nothing," she states, staring off in the direction where Daniel is standing. I shake my head, getting rid of the thought, getting ready for the show to start. They started off by playing some unfamiliar songs that I didn't know since I didn't really get a chance to listen to their new EP. Halfway through the show, they, at last, played a song I knew.

"This next song I would like to dedicate it to someone very special, who just so happens to be in this very venue," Zach says, looking behind the stage. Once his part came on, he pulled me out on the stage, while singing. "I don't really want no trust fund baby. I like my women independent. And I say to people, "that's my lady" And we don't need nothing e-e-else"

The crowd begins to scream and chant, something I never thought they would do. I smile uncontrollably, dancing along to Corbyn's upcoming part. As the song came to an end, I pull them all into an endless hug for what seemed like forever. My life before was pretty harsh for a kid, but then these five boys came in and swooped me off my feet. Something I don't know how to thank them for. Life isn't perfect, but for what I know, having them by my side makes it seems like life has a meaning to it.