Chap 4: A babysitter?

"You're joking right?" I start to complain. "Right?" I repeat but this time louder.

I'm sorry but we just can't leave you here all by yourself," Daniel says sincerely, rubbing me on the back.

I groan loudly. "Yes you can, I'm fifteen years old. I'm literally only a few years younger than you guys," I beg desperately as he shakes his head no. "Seriously?" I roll my eyes, throwing my hands up in frustration. "Ugh, fine. Who's the lucky contestant that gets to watch me?" I finally give in.

"A friend of ours," Daniel tells me as he slips on a black Adidas hoodie. "Don't worry he's nice and fun. Heck, he's a child himself," he blurts out, laughing.

I frown not feeling any better from before as I turn my attention over to Corbyn. "Can't I stay here? Please." I pout, trying a different approach.

"Sorry Kristen but I'm not Jack," Corbyn says without bothering to look up from his phone. "The puppy dog eyes don't work on me."

"Why not?" I ask.

"Pft...I have a girlfriend. I've seen it all before," he confesses. "Next time, I suggest widening your eyes a bit more."

I roll my eyes. "Thanks."

"Alright I'm ready," Jonah enters the room, flicking the car keys in his hands. I get off the couch and into the black van that I saw from a few days ago.

I take a seat on the remaining car seats which are the two seats in the middle aisle. I wonder why these seats are the only ones available? Even the day I was adopted that exact spot was empty.

"Hey, sorry I'm late. I was busy fixing my hair," Zach says, taking the last seat. He buckles in his seatbelt and shuts the door close. Question asked and answered.

The car ride is fairly silent since everyone was on their phones the whole time. The only sudden noises that were made throughout the whole car ride was when a specific song was played.

"Look at us, we could paint the perfect picture about us, from your head to toe I'll fit you," the radio sings.

Jonah immediately turns the music up to full blast causing the automobile to vibrate wildly. It's like we were driving down the freeway on a singing massage chair. The five boys bursts out singing and dancing. Eventually, the song comes to end. What a relief.

Once in awhile, out of the corner of my eye, I notice that Zach has a habit of biting his nails. Not constantly, but whenever he seems bored. He looks down at his phone a lot too, like if he was waiting for that someone to call or text him. But nothing happened from my perspective. No sounds of a text message or a phone call. I can't help but feel sorry for the guy.

Before I knew it, we were outside of the babysitter's home. Apparently, he lives in an apartment building filled with crazy, loud teenagers. Neighbors I assume.

Jonah knocks on the door multiple times like he's entering some type of code.

"I'm coming!" a voice yells. The door opens to reveal a tall blonde boy. He exchanges a 'bro hug' to each person welcoming them inside. "You must be Kristen, I'm Logan," he smiles. "Oh wait, let me grab my vlog camera," he says before rushing into his room.

"Wait, what did he say-"

"AYO! Good morning Logang! What's popping?" Logan shouts into his camera. "I got two very special guests here today. And the Why Don't We Boys. First is Kong! How are you doing young doggie?" Logan lowers his tone as he approaches the small dog, petting him all over. "And second, is my girl Kristen! Say hi to the Logangsters!" He says, shoving the camera up my face.