Chap 4: Major News

Zach's Pov

Zach's Pov

"You're going down!" I threaten to my opponent who's currently on his cell phone. "Hey! Corbyn! It's your serve!"

"Huh? Oh, yeah. Give me a second to send this last message." I roll my eyes in frustration, eager to earn my last few points and to slaughter him in table tennis. "Okay, I'm good." he says, putting his phone in his back pocket while getting ready to serve.

Finally. After a couple of rallies the score marked 6-4. Corbyn being the winner. Again. Ugh. That's my third streak today...of losing. "I want a rematch."

Before Corbyn could respond, Daniel and Jack enters the room with a smile plastered on their faces. "Major news! We just scored-ooh ping pong! I call next!" Jack says, changing the topic.

"I'll play you. Any opponent is better than Zach." Corbyn chuckles, handing a paddle over to Jack.

While the two of them played, I asked Daniel about the "major new". "Our manager booked us a last minute concert, you'll never guess where!" Daniel squeals.

I shrug, "And I still won't if you never tell me." I shoot an answer back.

"A band canceled out last minute for the Festival of Anthony, and we have an opportunity to perform. But there's one small problem..." His voice trails off. "We leave tomorrow morning."

"Tomorrow? How last minute was this decision?" I ask.

"Very. So you're in?"

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" I smile, "Did you tell the others yet?"

"Nope, but I will," he informs me as I nod.

"You cheated!" I hear Jack yell. "You can't place your hand on the table, that's my point!" We turn our heads over.

"Fine. Have the point! I still win either way!" Corbyn teases, sticking his tongue out. "Alright I'm done. Anybody wanna play some fortnite?" he asks.