Chap 17: Tickle Monster

My morning starts off with the fresh scent of fruits and omelettes. Great way to begin my day, even though I had no plans on my mind. "Can you pass me a napkin?" I ask Corbyn as he hands me one in return. "Thanks."

"So any plans for today?" Jonah asks me and I shake my head roughly.

"What about you?" I say.

"Gonna hit the studio with Daniel and Corbyn."

I nod my head. "Nice."

"It's almost nine thirty, we better get going," Jonah says. "Daniel, Corbyn, lets go, we're gonna be late!" he yells.

I head back up to my room and check my phone to find a few missed texts from Connor. I open my phone up to read them.

From: Connor
Hey

From: Connor
Just wondering if you wanna hang out today or something...

I smile reading the texts, replying back.

From:Kristen
Sure, when?

Connor immediately texts back after I sent my message.

From: Connor
I'm free in about an hour, I can head up to your place, if you want.

From:Kristen
Lol that was fast, and sure, see you then.

I lock my phone, throwing it across the bed before picking up the tv remote. I scroll the channels until I found one that caught my interest. I've watched for almost about an hour until Jack calls me from downstairs. "What?" I yell.

"Connor is here to see you," he tells me.

"Oh, okay, can you send him up to my room?" I instruct Jack as he grants my command. "Thanks, now get out," I try to say politely but it came out the complete opposite.

He frowns, exiting the room like a total drama queen. I laugh before turning my attention over to Connor. "So hows it been? I felt like we haven't talk since forever."

"That's the exact same thing you said over the text message."

"Yeah, so? What's your point?"

He chuckles, "Well nothing much has happened, just been busy with work and school. What about you? Having fun hanging out with the biggest boy band today?"

"It's cool, but they've been pretty busy in the studio so I have a lot of free time to myself," I explain.

"So what do you do for fun?"

"I-um," I stutter. I didn't want to admit that I drew designs during my free time. I find it embarrassing for some reason.

His eyes trail off into the distance. "What's that piece of paper on the floor?" He questions, opening it up with no hesitation. "Did you draw this?"

"Um, it's uh-"

"It's good," he compliments.

"Yes, yes I did," I change my thoughts. "But I mean they're not that good."

"You know my sister works for a famous fashion designer and they're looking for some new interns. Do you mind if I submit your work?"

My eyes widen. "Wait, really? I mean I guess but do you really think it has a shot."

"You'll never know if you don't try," he smiles.

I laugh. "Stop trying to be inspirational," Connor makes a face, starting to tickle my arm. Oh gosh, no."Stop, I'm hella ticklish."

"That was a rookie mistake," he states, before he tickles me all around forcing me to fall flat on the floor. I breathe heavily trying to catch my breathe. He lays down next to me as I turn over, connecting with his eyes. The room remains silent. I feel as if our bodies are moving closer. He starts leaning in, by now our face are only inches apart. I was about to make a move before someone barges into my room. We quickly move away.

"Why are you both on the floor?" Jack asks. Why didn't I lock the door?

"Why not?" I reply. "What do you want?"

He scratches his head. "I forgot, anyways carry on. Pretend like I was never here." he says, carefully closing the door behind him. I give myself a facepalm.