Chap 24: Miracles

Zach's Pov

Zach's Pov

It's been three weeks since I have seen Kristen in person. Time passes by fast when you are working in the studio for awhile with your friends. Currently we have two recorded songs and two others in the working process. While Jonah and Jack work on their solo parts, the rest of us hung out in the cafeteria.

"Are you guys busy this weekend?" Daniel questions.

The three of them shake their head. "No, why?" Corbyn shoots back.

"Alice wants to go on a camping trip and she's wondering if you guys wanted to join."

"Yeah, sure. I'll go." Corbyn says. "What about the other two?"

"I already asked them."

My eyes widen on how thought out Daniel is. Alice and him must be in a good place right now. He's smiling way more than usual.

"Zach?" Daniel says.

I scrunch my face into a ball. "Uh-sure," I'm going to regret this later on.

"Great, speaking of which, do we happen to have a tent or any fold able chairs?" Daniels asks. He must very into this.

"Uh, why would we?" Corbyn chuckles. "Just visit a sporting good store after Jonah and Jack are finish with their recording session."

"Yeah, that was what I was planning to do afterwards too. Anyone want to come along?" Daniel asks the both of us.

Corbyn immediately brings his index finger to his nose. "Not it," he calls out.

Before I had the chance to repeat his action, Daniel yanks me by the arm and drags me to a corner. "Please," I could tell he was desperate since he was doing his puppy dog eyes and pout. Somehow it was kind of affected on me.

"Alright, alright."

"Great, thanks," he say swiftly, throwing a chip in his mouth. We both make our way back to the original setting, the middle of the kitchen.

"Is Kristen coming along?" Corbyn questions. I almost forgot about that. "Please tell me she is," Corbyn smirks.

"I honestly don't know but to be honest, it would take a miracle for that to happen. Nature and Kristen don't exactly match if you think about it."

Corbyn nods his head. "Oh, yeah. Who could forget that time?"

"Can we just go to the store now and get it all over with. I just want to go home and stuff my face with a bag of chips," I argue.

"Uh...I mean I guess that could work. Tell the others we went out?" Daniel ask Corbyn. He was too caught up on his phone to notice Daniel's actions anyways. "I figure that I'm driving?"

I nod my head sarcastically. "That's right."

The car ride was the complete opposite of how it is normally. Loud and idiotic. "Hey, what happened to your phone. I tried calling and texting you for weeks and you haven't responded."

"It's been three weeks and you finally bring it up?" I question and he shrugs. "You broke it remember?"

"I did?" Daniel says cluelessly. "When?"

"You were tired of flipping your phone so you decided to use mine. Then that incident happened and I finally got it repaired a few days ago. I should get it back by tomorrow."

"Oh, right. Sorry dude."

I shrug it off. "It's fine because I put the bill under your name."

"Fair enough. How much is it anyways?" Daniel asks me.

"A good two fifty dollars."

"What? How much did I break?" Daniel questions like he doesn't remember a thing. Which seems about right.

"You dropped my phone in the ocean and it still smells like seaweed for some odd reason," I claim, realizing that we just arrive at the store.

Perfect timing. "Do you think we need anything else besides a tent and a couple of chairs?"

"I don't know? We'll look around and see." The store varies from all types of camping materials. This situation reminds me of anytime that we are in Target. Comes in thinking you need one item but you end up buying a whole aisle. "Do we really need that?"

"You never know, plus it's on sale."

Daniel is the worst shopping partner ever. But I have to admit that the boy does have some pretty impressive fashion senses. At the exact moment, Daniel's phone receives a message saying that my phone is ready for pick up. "Great, lets go afterwards."

"Wait, why is the notification on my phone?" Daniel asks me.

"Well, my phone is in the shop and you are the reason for that. So connect the dots."

He bites his upper lip. "Okay, fine. Let's just pay, get your phone, some food, and go home."

"What are you in the mood for?" I ask.

"I don't know. Maybe some in and out-"

"No!" I cut him off. I can not handle anymore of bumping into-people. "How about some Chinese food?"

"Sure, why not?" Daniel replies back.

The drive to the phone repair is not too far, just about ten minutes. I left Daniel alone with the car while I went inside. "Hi, pick up for Zach."

"It's right over there," the owner smiles at me.

"Thank you," I say gladly, unlocking it. This is the last time I am letting Daniel touch my phone or any of my stuff. I missed about a couple hundred messages and phone calls.

Mostly from the other guys, my manager, a few friends and family from back home. As I clear the messages, one notification was still left on. It was from Kristen.

I read the last text which was what I sent. I love you? "What the fuck?" I shout out loud in the store. I earned a few stares from the other costumers. "My bad."