Epilogue: Part 1

Zach's Pov

Zach's Pov

"How about this one?" My friend Chloe proposes, holding up one of the rings on display. Personally, I liked it but I'm not sure if Kristen would.

I shake my head. "It's a little bit too bright."

"Well, that's what rings are for. To blind your enemies with." She says, placing the ring on her fourth finger. The expression on her face is priceless. "If you aren't buying this, I will."

I chuckle lightly. "For what? You are only nineteen," I correct her. Chloe is a family friend of mine, although she is six years younger me, she doesn't fail to amaze me. Another reason why I brought her with me.

"You'll never know what events might pop up," she says, putting the ring back where she found originally found it. "So, what exactly are you looking for?"

"I don't know. It's that feeling once you find it, you know that's the one, you know what I mean?" I question, searching around the room once more.

"Uh-I guess. You know, you can't just find the perfect ring in one store. There's plenty other jewelry stores in the mall so why don't we just look-"

I cut her off when I notice a gleaming object in a very corner. "Hold that thought." This might actually be it.

The ring was locked in a very secure glass box with a button next to it. I press it waiting for someone to appear. "Hi, my name is Hunter. How may I help you?" A man walks out in a friendly tuxedo.

Why does that name sound familiar? I shake away the thought and proceed on forward. "Yes, may I take a look of that ring," I point directly at it.

He takes it out of the box, holding it carefully by the edges. "This ring was made in the 1920's. It's a one and half karat diamond with sapphires on the side."

"Thank you," I say, giving it a closer look.

"Wow, that's definitely going to cost you at least ten grand. And this is coming from the person who denied my ring offer," Chloe says but I ignore it.

"Mind if I practice proposing to you?" I ask her and she makes a face.

She looks around the room then back at me still making the same face. "Did you forget the words or..?"

"No, no. I just want to see if this is the ring I want to propose with." Chloe slowly and confusedly agrees.

I get down on one knee holding the ring in my hand. "Will you marry me?"

Even though it was just a practice round, I can still tell Chloe was uncomfortable. "I would say yes if you used the other ring."

"Just say it," I demand.

"Fine," She sighs frustratedly. "I guess so." She rolls her eyes.

I stick my lower lip in between my teeth, having a good feeling about this. "This is it. How much for the ring?" I ask the man.

"10,800," He says.

My eyes widen. "Wow, that's a little pricey."

"Yes, but as your first purchase you will receive a ten percent discount," The cashier replies, smiling with his teeth.

"Alright, I'll take it," I say finally.

"Great. How would you like to pay?"

"Credit card," I reply back, handing him it. He takes it from my hand and walks into another room with the ring. "So, want to grab some food after this?"

She shrugs her shoulders. "Sure. Is this just another way of asking me to pay since you're pretty much broke now?"

"Not really, but if you really insist on paying then why not," I smile as the cashier walks back in with my credit card and a neatly designed bag.

"Thank you," I say back. "What do you want to eat? Food court?"

"I don't care, just keep it under ten dollars," Chloe says, opening the glass doors for the both us.