Good Karma

Angry I sputter about me as I stomp through the darkened streets. Today I was decently dressed, tight black leather pants and a white skull tank top. Underneath, my black bra showed. I ignored the fact as I go about.

I had no given destination so I head for the school nearest to me. I'd heard there is to be a school dance there and I'd love to crash it, though there may be a lot of trauma involved. Oh well.

-

Entering through the main doors I look around me. Bodies swayed and dipped. It was a glorious thing to see and it pissed me off, pardon my language. I'd always wanted to go to school but-

"Hey, are you new here?" A blond haired boy says with a toothy grin. I couldn't tell whether he was trying to get it on with me or if he was just being kind.

"Ummm..." I stutter. I was definitely unprepared. "Yes, I am."

"Cool, I'm Gabriel." He says and holds his hand out to me, I step back and bump into a couple entering before me. Before I can fall, Gabriel has hold of me and helps me right myself.

"Thank you." I say with a shy blush.

"Your name?" He asks. I freeze. No ones ever asked for my name before. I begin to panic. "Hey, don't freak out, I'm just trying to welcome you." His eyes lit up with concern.

"It's not that, it's just..." I trail off.

"Just what?" The boy asks.

"My name is a joke." I blurt out in a sigh. I lower my head and jerk out of his hold.

"I bet you it isn't that bad, come on." The boy insists. Not ready to leave the dance just yet, I give in.

"My name is Karma." I whisper to him and tap my feet anxiously on the ground. What was wrong with me?

"See, but you want to know something, Karma?" He asks, leaning in. I allow him to. "There is good Karma too." This made me break and I ran off, eyes blinding me through a teary eyed gaze. "Karma!" He calls after me, but I don't look back.