Playmate

I rub my heavy eyes with a groan and try to sit up. I cry at the pain in my stomach and lie back down. "Karma baby?" My dads voice comes in, concerned. I say nothing but open my eyes once more. I see him, my dad, but beside him is a boy.

"I swear I just saw you." I say to him. His face flushes and he steps back. "You came to my school and..." I start gagging, gasping for air.

"Karma, we need to talk." My dad says in a stern voice.

-

I'm seated in one of my fathers offices, my dad beside me to my right, the other boy to the left. I eye the boy up with familiarity, my dad watching me with possession.

"Do you know who Gabriel Bright is?" My dad finally lets out. My eyes grow wide and my head snaps in his direction. "You tried to look him up on your computer, but from the looks of it you didn't find anything out." He continues. I lick my dry lips. "Do you want to know who Gabriel is?" My dad presses. Slowly, I nod my head. He sighs and sits back. "Samael." He says as the boy steps forward.

"Samael?" I ask. The boy gives me a twisted smile.

"Gabriel Bright is a fraud." Samael begins. "As of right now he lives on Earth with an elderly couple, both in which worship the God. Gabriel is an angel." I gasp and shake my head. "He's on your case ever since your first run in with him, but he doesn't suspect everything in which you've done. He thinks the devil is after you, manipulating you, but you have to stay away from him." I look down at my feet and touch my lips.

"Samael will be with you when you walk the upper streets to make sure you remain on task." I glance up at my dad with a blank face and he gets up. "Samael, take her to her room would you? I'll be with her in a bit." With a nod Samael takes hold of my arm and drags me forward before I begin walking beside him. The door shuts after him.

"Long time no see Karma." Samael says as he sits back on my bed. I stand near the door with arms crossed.

"Why do you look so familiar?" I ask.

"When we were younger we used to be playmates." I smile and shake my head now, remembering it all.

"You ripped my Dolly's head off!" I laugh and roll my eyes.

"She looked better that way?" He shrugs. I walk to sit beside him and he places his hand over mine. I look at him with shock. "I missed you Karma." He whispers and toys with the end strands of my hair. I remain silent, watching him. His hand moves behind my head and grabs a handful of hair before pulling my lips down onto his. He presses his lips further into mine, biting at my lower lip.

Someone knocks on the door.

"Samael I can take care of her now." My dad says. Samael gives me a wink and pushes himself off my bed and soon out the door as my dad takes his place.