Homeless

"I've always wanted you, and finally your daddy isn't in the way of things. He wanted you only to himself, said no one else was good enough for you. What about me, shouldn't I have been trusted?" I hear him near me and I brace myself. "What do you want Karma? Better yet, who do you want?" It was a whisper, that last part. His breath tickled my neck and I shivered.

"Anyone but you." I whisper back.

"Then leave, but when you get hurt you have to prove to me your worthiness." I walk away from him, grabbing a shirt of his before leaving him in general.

-

"Gabriel?" I whisper out into the dark street. "Gabriel, I need you!" I say a little louder.

"Who are you talking to?" I jump, startled.

"Oh, Nathan." I say turning to him. His eyes looked pale in the dimly lit moon. "I wasn't talking to anyone, just..."

"I get it." He says, so silently that I barely heard him. "I used to talk to her, Anna that is." There was a faint smile on his lips, but it soon straightened out and his face grew rigged once more.

"Please believe me that I wasn't the one who took her life." He looks over me, studying me before shaking his head. "I am truly sorry for your loss and-"

"-Forget it, she's gone." I bite my lower lip, and see his shoulders slump. "I should go..." He trailed off, looking away.

"Wait!" I call out, reaching out to him.  I stop myself before my fingers can brush over his sweatshirts material. "I need a place to stay for the night, and I was wondering if?" He tensed. "I promise I won't do any damage, but I don't want to sleep out here."

"Alright." With nothing more he turns and walks away, not caring to look back to see if I'm following or not. I race after him, his strides long and fast.